Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
treefiddy

LSU is not good...

Recommended Posts

On 9/23/2017 at 7:19 PM, treefiddy said:

WTF is going on guys?

Miles left the cupboard pretty dry. 17 true freshman have seen extensive playing time this season so far and OL and DL recruiting was pretty crappy the last couple years of the Miles era

add to that the loss of 9 scholarship OL in the past year and a half and you have issues. Between graduation and transfers after the massive flooding last fall we had no OL with experience

on defense we are starting 5 true freshmen and the depth is all freshmen and sophomores. we only have 6 DL on the team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

actually I like the strategy and if Les Miles had done the same he would still be here....stick to motivation and recruiting and hire really good coordinators and get out of their way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have to hire a bunch of other guys to make you look good, than why cant you just hire 1 guy who knows what he is doing? Granted I've never been a coach O fan but I wanted to like the hire. Just cant

Not a huge fan of retreads, especially ones that were not that great to begin with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If you have to hire a bunch of other guys to make you look good, than why cant you just hire 1 guy who knows what he is doing? Granted I've never been a coach O fan but I wanted to like the hire. Just cant

Not a huge fan of retreads, especially ones that were not that great to begin with. 

because it doesn't work that way. even Saban allows the OC to run things because defense is where Saban shines

Orgeron took a lower pay so LSU could afford to hire the best available coordinators in the country

in many ways, being head coach is like running a business. its more important for a boss to be able to surround himself with good people and keep them motivated because one person can't run everything and train everybody

there were no great head coaches available so this was the best alternative IMO. Orgeron did  good job salvaging the recruiting class and it isn't like Miles left him with a championship team. when Miles left LSU was nothing more than a pretty good team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There may have been no great coaches available but there was a handfull of young, up and comers that i would have preferred. 

Its still way too early to come to a conclusion regardless but i dont see this ending well.

Also, was any other school trying to hire him? Because it felt like we were the only one that wanted him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

There may have been no great coaches available but there was a handfull of young, up and comers that i would have preferred. 

Its still way too early to come to a conclusion regardless but i dont see this ending well.

Also, was any other school trying to hire him? Because it felt like we were the only one that wanted him.

we hired two of those up and comers as coordinators with Aranda and Canada and are paying them enough that we don't have to worry about them being hired away to be a head coach at a smaller university. Instead of one up and comer, we have two

Orgeron has a good track record for recruiting and is well liked in Louisiana...those two things together should help him lock down the Louisiana talent that Miles was losing. As long as he lets Canada and Aranda do their thing, I think it should be a great arrangement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team graduated @10 lineman over the last 2 years, and did not adequately replace them. That hurts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 8:13 PM, Sauce Castieaux said:

Its going to get alot worse than it will get better. Prepare for a long 2 years fellas.

 

Wasn't nearly as bad as you thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Aquietguy said:

Wasn't nearly as bad as you thought.

They are basically in the same position Miles was in. Let me know when LSU actually beats Bama. Because if you cant do that than what does it matter, you are not going to championship otherwise.

The offense has been really impressive tonight for the most part

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Sauce Castieaux said:

They are basically in the same position Miles was in. Let me know when LSU actually beats Bama. Because if you cant do that than what does it matter, you are not going to championship otherwise.

The offense has been really impressive tonight for the most part

This is the main reason they opened up the offense. I believe anyway

At least Orgeron is trying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aquietguy said:

This is the main reason they opened up the offense. I believe anyway

At least Orgeron is trying. 

Never thought trying would be an issue. I just never was a fan of him as a HC and still not. Like him as a person. 

My thing was if you get rid of miles, get someone that could possibly be a major upgrade or get an up and coming young guy. Coach O is neither and it feels like they settled.

It just feels like we've seen this every year. Gets big win early on, goes on a roll, loses to bama and misses playoff and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sauce Castieaux said:

Never thought trying would be an issue. I just never was a fan of him as a HC and still not. Like him as a person. 

My thing was if you get rid of miles, get someone that could possibly be a major upgrade or get an up and coming young guy. Coach O is neither and it feels like they settled.

It just feels like we've seen this every year. Gets big win early on, goes on a roll, loses to bama and misses playoff and so on.

To be fair, hom and pretty much every coach bama faces 

If your standard is beat bama, then getting an up and comer makes no sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dago said:

To be fair, hom and pretty much every coach bama faces 

If your standard is beat bama, then getting an up and comer makes no sense

Thats true....i should have clarified a bit. Obviously a new coach gets some leash with that

Hey, if he proves me wrong great. Id be glad to eat my words and would have problems doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 5:48 AM, Sauce Castieaux said:

Never thought trying would be an issue. I just never was a fan of him as a HC and still not. Like him as a person. 

My thing was if you get rid of miles, get someone that could possibly be a major upgrade or get an up and coming young guy. Coach O is neither and it feels like they settled.

It just feels like we've seen this every year. Gets big win early on, goes on a roll, loses to bama and misses playoff and so on.

I'm not an LSU fan by any means, but I think Coach O proved he belongs as a HC.

  • Yep 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...