Sign in to follow this  
SaintRay

Suh released by Dolphins

Rams have $35M to spend.

They are going to get Donald and Suh wrapped up, just watch.

If I were Suh, and on the other side of the peak, I'd love to have Donald absorbing all the double-teams next to me so I could face nothing but 1v1's.

• Yep 1

4 minutes ago, Beef said:

Rams have $35M to spend.

If I were Suh, and on the other side of the peak, I'd love to have Donald absorbing all the double-teams next to me so I could face nothing but 1v1's.

The odds of him becoming a Taint are like 3 % .....B|  Seriously though, the Rams Eagles and Taints have all got much better this FA. If we don't nail this draft we could be sucking hind tit of the NFC top tier teams in 18....

1 hour ago, Freebird Lives said:

The odds of him becoming a Taint are like 3 % .....B|  Seriously though, the Rams Eagles and Taints have all got much better this FA. If we don't nail this draft we could be sucking hind tit of the NFC top tier teams in 18....

Not sure why you think that.

Who'd we lose who's production isn't already filled?

Nobody but Poe.  Every other spot on the entire field is filled with the same as before, or even an upgrade (Takk vs Clayborn).  And yes, I consider Takk in year two an upgrade over Clayborn who had ONE extraordinary outlier game.

Toilolo was a good blocker.  That's it.  That's not going to cause our offense anything.

Derrick Coleman was shit.  Anyone we put at FB will be an upgrade.

Gabriel didn't do shit.  Marvin Hall and Reggie Davis in their second years will give us better than Gabriel's production.

Fusco is an upgrade over Schweitzer.

We can upgrade WOLB from Riley, although even with Riley we STILL ended up with the #10 defense.

The secondary is completely intact.

Seriously, all we need to do is replace Poe's production, then add some depth on the DL and OLB, add a FB and a backup TE, and that's it.

Mostly just depth.

• Yep 1

2 hours ago, Freebird Lives said:

Thats whats great about the league. 1 draft is all it takes to get back on track. 

• Yep 1

2 hours ago, Beef said:

Nobody but Poe.  Every other spot on the entire field is filled with the same as before, or even an upgrade (Takk vs Clayborn).  And yes, I consider Takk in year two an upgrade over Clayborn who had ONE extraordinary outlier game.

Toilolo was a good blocker.  That's it.  That's not going to cause our offense anything.

Gabriel didn't do shit.  Marvin Hall and Reggie Davis in their second years will give us better than Gabriel's production.

We can upgrade WOLB from Riley, although even with Riley we STILL ended up with the #10 defense.

Seriously, all we need to do is replace Poe's production, then add some depth on the DL and OLB, add a FB and a backup TE, and that's it.

Mostly just depth.

Now I'd consider buying into this summary, but last year you penned the summary comparing every Falcon player versus every Saint player, and that didn't turn out so well for you. Stacked was a bad term.

• Yep 1
  • Blow Me 1

9 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

Now I'd consider buying into this summary, but last year you penned the summary comparing every Falcon player versus every Saint player, and that didn't turn out so well for you. Stacked was a bad term.

Ray still wishing upon a star for Suh...

19 hours ago, Freebird Lives said:

He'll be eating fried chicken and biscuits and gravy up dere in Nashville.....B|B|

Doubt it. Titans are the bottom of the list IMO.

3 hours ago, Beef said:

Rams have $35M to spend.

Rams have the money, but he's facing just as good of a situation on the line here in NO. Cam on one side and Rankins on the other. Obviously, Donald is on another level than the rest of the league right now, but they don't have much else on that line, plus he'd be in a 34 for the first time in his career. 

I think it comes down to Saints, Seahawks, and Rams. Seahawks, IMO, are the ones to look out for.

22 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

How did that not turn out so well?

We went 1 and 1 and both went to the playoffs, lost in the 2nd round, and we ended up with the #9 overall defense to your #17 overall defense, and #8 overall offense to your #2 overall offense?

Our defense played outstanding.  Our offense underachieved but was still top-10.

All I did was slightly under-estimate your defense.  I knew your offense would be good and it carried your defense who did just enough "average" to not lose more games.

17 minutes ago, S4L said:

but he's facing just as good of a situation on the line here in NO

18 minutes ago, S4L said:

Obviously, Donald is on another level than the rest of the league right now,

1bgfh3.jpg

Suh and Brockers could both rotate between NT and DE in that 3-4.  Plus, Phillips actually runs a 4-4-3 about 30% of the time with Donald and Brockers both in the 4i-tech, Similar to our 4-3-4 Nickel package.

Suh, 1v1 with a Center?  Why wouldn't he love that?

11 hours ago, Beef said:

Mostly just depth.

Toilolo played like 40% of your offensive snaps and was a plus blocker (ass receiver), so a legitimate rookie should be ok

Coleman sucks, the deaf thing is a nice story but he was missing blocks.

Takk >>> Clayborn, fact.

Fusco is good, agreed.

Losing poe is going to hurt, agreed.

Riley does suck, we told yal that too.

But I disagree on Hall/Davis.

Gabriel was significantly underutilized compared to '16, but he was still far away better as a #3/4 WR than Hall or Davis. Neither caught on near the back end of a season to make you think otherwise either. I wouldn't be shocked if one or even both aren't on your roster next year either.

Offensively:

WR3/4, TE, OL depth, and FB

Defensively:
DT, DL depth, OLB, and S

so I agree with your needs there.

15 hours ago, Beef said:

1bgfh3.jpg

Suh and Brockers could both rotate between NT and DE in that 3-4.  Plus, Phillips actually runs a 4-4-3 about 30% of the time with Donald and Brockers both in the 4i-tech, Similar to our 4-3-4 Nickel package.

Suh, 1v1 with a Center?  Why wouldn't he love that?

What I was saying is, as a group, the Saints rushers are better. Donald is the best in the league, but Jordan was in the DPOY convo as well. If you think he's not getting 1v1s here, I implore you to go watch a few Saints games.

• Yep 1

If we do end up signing Suh im heading over to the Falcons site and Carolina huddle and watch them collectivly lose their shit.

• Yep 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Fuck Off 1

1 hour ago, S4L said:

What I was saying is, as a group, the Saints rushers are better. Donald is the best in the league, but Jordan was in the DPOY convo as well. If you think he's not getting 1v1s here, I implore you to go watch a few Saints games.

Rankins was a beast next to Fairley on the dline. 

23 minutes ago, GOAT POTUS said:

Rankins was a beast next to Fairley on the dline. 

Rankins was a beast last year. I'm not overly concerned with the signing. Suh would be am awesome addition, but the young DTs performed very well, and Onyematta seems to be ahead of the learning curve with as raw as he started out as. 

I'm drooling at the thought of Jordan-Suh-Rankins-Okafor/draft pick but he's a luxury signing, not a huge need.

• Yep 2

Nobody's worried if the saints get albert haynswoth 2.0.

Dudes another chris baker, you can have him.

• Yep 1

51 minutes ago, buc-man said:

Nobody's worried if the saints get albert haynswoth 2.0.

Dudes another chris baker, you can have him.

El oh el.

You worried.

• Yep 1

1 hour ago, S4L said:

El oh el.

You worried.

Of what?

My hot ass garbage of a team being 3-13 instead of 4-12?

• LMAO 6

17 minutes ago, buc-man said:

Of what?

My hot ass garbage of a team being 3-13 instead of 4-12?

This could be the year man!

• LMAO 1

ain't no wait. he is gonna sign with the Rams

• Yep 1

3 minutes ago, Dago said:

ain't no wait. he is gonna sign with the Rams

Thats not a given. 

If he is all about the money it may benefit him to come to NO tax wise. Talent wise its a wash as Rams are just as capable of winning it all but at the end of the day id still take Brees over Goff.

Not everyone loves big markets. Seeing as how i dont think anyone knows his preferences or priorities id say its 50/50. 

Fuck for all we know he hates his family and wants to be as far away from portland as possible lol

2 hours ago, Freebird Lives said:

Really don't want him as a Taint, no scade.....:/

Oh, you scade.

lol

• Yep 2

I think its Rams > Saints > Titans in all honesty.

Playing with Aaron Donald in the middle is a dream for any talented DT. In New Orleans, he gets Rankins, which means he's gonna be eating the double teams.