Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
facelessman07

Rest In Peace My Sweet Girl

Recommended Posts

My sweet Allie, I will always love you..

ObWBZ1wjS3mmwwIwEF1vFQ_thumb_bf0.jpg

0bc863c8-74bd-e411-90c1-18a905546496.jpeg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_154c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_146c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_de.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1183.jpg

11/5/2006-4/11/2018

To those of you who have lost pets, how do you deal with it? I'm heartbroken.

She's my first real dog, and I'm an absolute wreck right now. 

I'll never love another dog as much as I've loved her, and I anxiously await the day when I get to see her again.

  • Love! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad news man....

Man’s best friend is hard to lose.

  • Yep 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

Sad news man....

Man’s best friend is hard to lose.

Thank you Ray..

I got called at 3am to go to the emergency vet because she was no longer responsive. For the last few hours of her life, she had been intubated. I took her to the best vet in town and they thought there was a chance they could save her. 

In February she and I were running on the beach, and now my little girl is gone.

I'm struggling to understand how she could've gotten so sick so quickly. Just a few months ago she was as healthy as a dog half her age.

I held her hand and although she probably couldn't hear, I told her how much I loved her as they put her down. 

Best friend is right. She was everything to me..

  • Yep 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sorry for your loss, brother.

I get the feeling I'll be going through that with my Daisy pretty soon :(

  • Yep 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GOAT POTUS said:

So sorry for your loss, brother.

I get the feeling I'll be going through that with my Daisy pretty soon :(

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that.

I'll keep her in my prayers.

This stuff is BRUTAL.

  • Yep 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the toughest situations we can go through is the loss of a life long pet....especially your dog. One of our toughest times we've been through was when we had to have our 15 year old Dalmatian put down. 

My deepest condolences. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.......Even You.;)

Stay Strong! This works for Allie Too:

s-l1600.jpg

  • Yep 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One this is for sure, she was a happy girl. Nothing will ever change that fact. She lived a good life with someone who loved her dearly and did everything he could to protect her and help her. Obviously this time is tough, but try to remember all the great times you had, and try to not focus on the how and why, but focus on the past when she was happy and loved life. Cherish those memories until the day you can meet her again. 


Good luck to you face, these times will be tough. 

  • Yep 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry to hear that. When Hartley hurt her back and we though she was going to have to be put down it was brutal. Dr. Koh is a miracle worker and got her back to normal

Sadie is our newest and I never wanted to have a dog as small as she is, but I love the little nimrod

 

 

20180304_185858.jpg

  • Yep 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, I have been thru it more than once and I know what you are going thru....it is a soul crushing thing.  I know it sounds trite, but TIME.  Any time I ever lost one , after a period of mourning I would get another one, not to replace, but to honor the best friend that I lost. I never regretted that. There are millions of dogs out there that need you man. You will get thru this and carry Allie's memory with you always. God bless .....

  • Love! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my mother's dog named Daisy passed in December of 16 and I was very close to her as well and was there at the vets holding her when she was put down.

a couple weeks later my wife's friend took us to the movies and what movie did she pick? A Dog's Purpose

basically watching that movie was like getting punched in the balls over and over again

  • Yep 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't posted on FB in two years, but I just wanted to honor her memory and this is what I wrote...

My sweet girl, it hasn't even been 8 hours since I've had to make the hardest decision of my life, but I miss you dearly. More than you could ever know. Words could never describe what you meant to me, what you will always mean to me. From the day I...you...picked me out and I held your tiny, furry, lovable self in my hands, I knew you were special. I just didn't understand how special you would become, that you would exceed all of my wildest expectations. You and I share a bond that will never be broken, and my love for you continues from life into death. You were my best friend, and I will NEVER love another dog as much as I've loved you. NEVER. You were my baby, my little girl, the bright spot of my morning, my running buddy, my co-pilot, but most importantly, you were my everything. Everything. Nothing could ever take your place and fill the void you have left in me. I'm so sorry that I couldn't do anything to bring you back, but I can't be selfish and force you to suffer. It's just hard to reconcile the fact that you're gone because only a month ago we were running on the dunes of Wrightsville Beach. You always loved that, and I'd give anything to have that opportunity just one last time. As bad as it hurts to lose you, this pain would only be magnified if I were forced to see you deteriorate further. As I held your precious hand in mine and whispered into your dainty little ears while you departed from us, I hope you felt at peace, I hope you experienced all the love and warmth that you gave to me for the past 11 years. I tried and I did everything I could for you Allie, I hope you know that. But it breaks my heart that it wasn't enough. I hope I was everything and more to you that you were to me. But this isn't about me, it's about you, and the "paw print" you've left on my life. One that will never fade. The only thing that will fade is the light in my life that you brought to me with your presence. This house just isn't a home without you. You're gone, but not forgotten. There is not a day that will pass where I won't take the time to reflect on all the memories we've made, and I hope they are enough to hold us both over until we meet in the life to come. I will see you again my sweet Allie, and until that time, rest in the loving arms of Jesus. He will make all things new. I'll see you soon my loves...

I just got back from the crematorium and tried to get a set of ink prints so I can get a tattoo of her paw. Dammit this hurts like nothing I've ever felt before..I'd give anything to have her back.

  • Love! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there was any chance of recovering her, I would've waited. I would've done whatever it took. But the best vet in town told me it was time. She had deteriorated so rapidly to the point of not coming back, and I can't be selfish and see my baby suffer.

First it started off as kidney disease last month which then progressed into her esophagus swelling and pushing on her trachea so they had to give her oxygen since she was having trouble breathing. Then recently diagnosed Cushing's, pancreatitis, pneumonia, anemia, clots, potential cancer, etc etc. I tried to feed her but she only threw it up. Then she would vomit any liquids that she had consumed. It's like she was hit with everything at once. I would've gladly taken her place if it meant she would be healthy.

Man this hurts...I miss her dearly..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Time heals all wounds"

My Father told me this years ago and he was correct.

  • Yep 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaintRay said:

"Time heals all wounds"

My Father told me this years ago and he was correct.

I certainly hope so my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The love of a dog is unconditional.

They will never lie to you.

They always wait to greet you with open arms.

They are loyal to a fault.

Virtually every admirable virtue we admire, we can see in dogs.

  • Yep 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got two wonderful dogs , Charley Boy and Lucy Lou. Charley is a Lab/Boxer/Bulldog mix and Lucy is a Plott Hound with a dash of Mastiff. They are just so amazing and full of life. Charley is 6 and Lucy is 3.5.  I would take a bullet for either one of them as I know they would for me. There is no doubt in my mind that dogs have souls every bit as much as human beings. Charley wants to say hello to Allie and says he looks forward to meeting her and playing with her one day.....Lucy would say the same thing but like usual she is asleep LOL ....

 

charley.jpg

  • Yep 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My condolences. I never know what to say,  other than I'll be praying and I'm sorry.  

  • Yep 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Freebird Lives said:

I got two wonderful dogs , Charley Boy and Lucy Lou. Charley is a Lab/Boxer/Bulldog mix and Lucy is a Plott Hound with a dash of Mastiff. They are just so amazing and full of life. Charley is 6 and Lucy is 3.5.  I would take a bullet for either one of them as I know they would for me. There is no doubt in my mind that dogs have souls every bit as much as human beings. Charley wants to say hello to Allie and says he looks forward to meeting her and playing with her one day.....Lucy would say the same thing but like usual she is asleep LOL ....

 

charley.jpg

Beautiful dog...

  • Yep 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 My condolences FM, your pets are truly part of the family. I'm dreading losing Maggie & Poppi.

20140328_213722.jpg

20140611_185936.jpg

  • Yep 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There isn't any special way to deal with it. You just do. I've never done anything approaching how difficult it was to put my first dog down and hold him while he took his last breath. It made a year a couple weeks ago. I still think about him daily.

Good luck man.

  • Yep 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The results of her kidney aspiration from Monday came back. It showed internal hemorrhaging in her kidneys and the vet told me it sounds as if she developed some kind of autoimmune disorder. The rest of her litter was chronically sick all throughout their lives and she had always been so healthy. I fed her Orijen food (the most expensive on the market) and she would only drink spring water. She ate better than most humans do. I gave her supplements, vitamins, minerals, the healthiest treats, and for the longest time I thought she would outlive her brothers and sisters. I truly believed that because I took such immaculate care of her that she would never have to suffer the way I had seen other dogs suffer, but I guess you can't overcome genetics.

I would've gladly taken on every affliction she had to suffer and have each of them placed on me. No doubt about it, and I would've done it with a smile on my face. Anything to make my baby girl healthy and happy again..

Her ashes are right next to my bed and I'm in the process of looking for a sculptor to create a replica of her likeness to store them in. An urn just makes me think of death, but she was so full of life. And I want to think of that wonderful life every time I see her.

  • Yep 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, facelessman07 said:

The results of her kidney aspiration from Monday came back. It showed internal hemorrhaging in her kidneys and the vet told me it sounds as if she developed some kind of autoimmune disorder. The rest of her litter was chronically sick all throughout their lives and she had always been so healthy. I fed her Orijen food (the most expensive on the market) and she would only drink spring water. She ate better than most humans do. I gave her supplements, vitamins, minerals, the healthiest treats, and for the longest time I thought she would outlive her brothers and sisters. I truly believed that because I took such immaculate care of her that she would never have to suffer the way I had seen other dogs suffer, but I guess you can't overcome genetics.

I would've gladly taken on every affliction she had to suffer and have each of them placed on me. No doubt about it, and I would've done it with a smile on my face. Anything to make my baby girl healthy and happy again..

Her ashes are right next to my bed and I'm in the process of looking for a sculptor to create a replica of her likeness to store them in. An urn just makes me think of death, but she was so full of life. And I want to think of that wonderful life every time I see her.

you're a good person, i hope it gets easier for you because I still miss my dog often and every time I cut the grass as we buried her in our back yard. genetic issues like her siblings, but she lived 10 years (got her right before katrina, lost her in 2015) while they only survived 3-6. First dog, we raise fish all the time, but she was a happy dog. greeted us when we got home, runs around in circles, and doesn't bark. was a great dog.

 

Also, fucking kills me inside as I watch my gf and I's rescue pom (adopted in 2011) slowly getting weaker and weaker...time is coming I just don't know when.

  • Yep 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nola90 said:

you're a good person, i hope it gets easier for you because I still miss my dog often and every time I cut the grass as we buried her in our back yard. genetic issues like her siblings, but she lived 10 years (got her right before katrina, lost her in 2015) while they only survived 3-6. First dog, we raise fish all the time, but she was a happy dog. greeted us when we got home, runs around in circles, and doesn't bark. was a great dog.

 

Also, fucking kills me inside as I watch my gf and I's rescue pom (adopted in 2011) slowly getting weaker and weaker...time is coming I just don't know when.

Thanks dude...it's so damn tough bc my birthday is tomorrow and all I wanted was to have her with me. I don't want to live my life without her, I mean she and I had been through so much together. I still call out her name when I'm home and then break down when I realize she's not there. I've got it bad for that girl..

But I'm sorry to hear you're hurting over your rescue, but just give it a couple extra hugs when you see he/she again and enjoy each moment you have. It certainly won't make it any easier when they're gone, but at least you'll be able to say you had no regrets and provided them with a wonderful life..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't posted here in nearly 6 months, but i ran across this post and felt I had to respond. 

Despite all of our differences (our very petty differences), it's things like this that bond all of us. Love for family, love for friends, and love for our pets, who are very much an extension of our Family. Face I'm very very sorry for your loss, I can feel the love and hurt in every post you've made here, and I am confident her memory will carry you through this tough time. 

I wish I had more words that can ease some of your pain, but just remember you were both lucky to have each other in your lives, and that love you have will carry onto eternity until you're both jogging on Heaven's beach together again. 

  • Yep 1
  • Love! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×