Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Beef

Grady

Recommended Posts

This dude is 6’1 305 lbs and probably only 15% bodyfat... on a DT.

Just high-cleaning 275 like no problem.

Should have been selected all-pro last year. Will probably get it this year and multiple years to come.

Looking forward to seeing him dominate this year.

  • Yep 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ray will be along shortly to shit all over him(see Beasley) or he'll insist the Saints will sign him when his contract is up(see Trufant)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grady is very good, but all-pro is a bit much.

Donald, Heyward, Cox, Campbell are all better.

  • Yep 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DD: OG said:

Ray will be along shortly to shit all over him(see Beasley) or he'll insist the Saints will sign him when his contract is up(see Trufant)

 

This will greatly depend on his game when his contract is up in Atlanta. He's looking buffed up right now for sure. Looks like he's taking the path Lofton took when he wanted out of Atlanta.

We don't need Trufant anymore, we have 1 CB clearly younger and better than him, and 2 other CB's equal to him. Tru doesn't want to go to a team and be forced to ride the bench.

  • Yep 1
  • JB 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaintRay said:

 

We don't need Trufant anymore, we have 1 CB clearly younger and better than him, and 2 other CB's equal to him. Tru doesn't want to go to a team and be forced to ride the bench.

 

 

yea i dont know about all that, ppl said the same things about D Hall after his Rookie Season , then came the TO show in 2006 and those rumors were layed to waste .... he better be as good as you think he is, he will be tested by the likes of M Evans and Julio Jones twice a yr ,for  as long as he is a Saint ....

 

 

as Far as Grady

good lord he is gonna cost us a Fortune after next yr....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shredman said:

 

 

yea i dont know about all that, ppl said the same things about D Hall after his Rookie Season , then came the TO show in 2006 and those rumors were layed to waste .... he better be as good as you think he is, he will be tested by the likes of M Evans and Julio Jones twice a yr ,for  as long as he is a Saint ....

 

 

as Far as Grady

good lord he is gonna cost us a Fortune after next yr....

We’re like $80 million under the cap or some shit for 2019.  Grady will cost us $12-14M/yr and be worth every penny. 

He tied Aaron Donald with 15 tackles for loss and 39 QB pressures.  His 4 sacks look underwhelming, but he lived in the backfield. 

Watch for him to possibly double that sack count this year and lead DT’s in overall pressures or TFL’s.

The great thing about Grady is he is a beast at both run stuffing and getting pressures from either the 3-tech or 1-tech. 

Gives us choices in this draft too.  We could draft Vea, Payne, Hurst, Bryan, Phillips, Hill, or Shepherd and fill our DT hole.  We don’t have to go, “Oh god, we have to move up to get Vea or we’re screwed!”

After a lot of research, I believe Payne will be our pick at 26, and we’ll get another DT in the 3rd. 

Or maybe we go LB, CB, or OL in the first and double-dip DT’s in the 2nd and 3rd.

  • Yep 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beef said:

We’re like $80 million under the cap or some shit for 2019.  Grady will cost us $12-14M/yr and be worth every penny. 

He tied Aaron Donald with 15 tackles for loss and 39 QB pressures.  His 4 sacks look underwhelming, but he lived in the backfield. 

Watch for him to possibly double that sack count this year and lead DT’s in overall pressures or TFL’s.

The great thing about Grady is he is a beast at both run stuffing and getting pressures from either the 3-tech or 1-tech. 

Gives us choices in this draft too.  We could draft Vea, Payne, Hurst, Bryan, Phillips, Hill, or Shepherd and fill our DT hole.  We don’t have to go, “Oh god, we have to move up to get Vea or we’re screwed!”

After a lot of research, I believe Payne will be our pick at 26, and we’ll get another DT in the 3rd. 

Or maybe we go LB, CB, or OL in the first and double-dip DT’s in the 2nd and 3rd.

80mil under the cap

 

Not counting this year's draft class, which will likely add around 3-5m in cap space for 2019 as 2nd years.

Then your big name FAs:

Jake Matthews (LT) - assume 12m/yr

Matt Ryan (QB) - assume 28m/yr

Vic Beasley (DE) - 5th year option hasn't been picked up yet, but that'll be around 13m

Ricardo Allen (S) - assume 6m/yr

Tevin Coleman (RB2) - assume 7-8m/yr (McKinnon just got paid 7.5m, Hyde got 5m)

Brian Poole (CB3) - assume 5m/yr

Grady Jarrett (DT) - assume 12m/yr

 

Gonna be an interesting offseason. All 7 are currently key contributors for yal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beef said:

We’re like $80 million under the cap or some shit for 2019.  Grady will cost us $12-14M/yr and be worth every penny. 

He tied Aaron Donald with 15 tackles for loss and 39 QB pressures.  His 4 sacks look underwhelming, but he lived in the backfield. 

Watch for him to possibly double that sack count this year and lead DT’s in overall pressures or TFL’s.

The great thing about Grady is he is a beast at both run stuffing and getting pressures from either the 3-tech or 1-tech. 

Gives us choices in this draft too.  We could draft Vea, Payne, Hurst, Bryan, Phillips, Hill, or Shepherd and fill our DT hole.  We don’t have to go, “Oh god, we have to move up to get Vea or we’re screwed!”

After a lot of research, I believe Payne will be our pick at 26, and we’ll get another DT in the 3rd. 

Or maybe we go LB, CB, or OL in the first and double-dip DT’s in the 2nd and 3rd.

Where do you get these numbers? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S4L said:

Where do you get these numbers? Lol

I probably should have put a comma after "tackles for loss".  I didn't mean to imply that he tied Donald in pressures if that's where your confusion is coming in.

AD had like 90 QB pressures, which is nuts.  The next closest DT had 70 (Atkins), then Cox was 3rd with 50.  Jarrett is coming up right behind these guys.

Some sites are taking note:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751939-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-defensive-tackles-of-2017-season

 

84. GRADY JARRETT, DI, ATLANTA FALCONS

Top 101 appearances: New entry

Grady Jarrett was given a new role in the Atlanta Falcons‘ defense this season with the arrival of Dontari Poe as a free agent. Jarrett had been the nose tackle but was now given more license to rush the passer as more of a 3-technique defensive tackle. His overall PFF grade of 87.1 marked a career-best, as did his 39 total pressures.

  • Yep 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Beef said:

I probably should have put a comma after "tackles for loss".  I didn't mean to imply that he tied Donald in pressures if that's where your confusion is coming in.

AD had like 90 QB pressures, which is nuts.  The next closest DT had 70 (Atkins), then Cox was 3rd with 50.  Jarrett is coming up right behind these guys.

Some sites are taking note:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751939-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-defensive-tackles-of-2017-season

 

84. GRADY JARRETT, DI, ATLANTA FALCONS

Top 101 appearances: New entry

Grady Jarrett was given a new role in the Atlanta Falcons‘ defense this season with the arrival of Dontari Poe as a free agent. Jarrett had been the nose tackle but was now given more license to rush the passer as more of a 3-technique defensive tackle. His overall PFF grade of 87.1 marked a career-best, as did his 39 total pressures.

Yeah man! Grammar is key! xD

Grady is an animal. Still shocked he fell to the 5th. Rankins is a clone and he went in the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S4L said:

Yeah man! Grammar is key! xD

Grady is an animal. Still shocked he fell to the 5th. Rankins is a clone and he went in the first.

I remember reading rankins' combine and the NFL comparison is Grady Jarrett.

Shit can't be made up, I think Jarrett was more of a NT originally so that's likely why he fell

  • Yep 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nola90 said:

80mil under the cap

 

Not counting this year's draft class, which will likely add around 3-5m in cap space for 2019 as 2nd years.

Then your big name FAs:

Jake Matthews (LT) - assume 12m/yr

Matt Ryan (QB) - assume 28m/yr

Vic Beasley (DE) - 5th year option hasn't been picked up yet, but that'll be around 13m

Ricardo Allen (S) - assume 6m/yr

Tevin Coleman (RB2) - assume 7-8m/yr (McKinnon just got paid 7.5m, Hyde got 5m)

Brian Poole (CB3) - assume 5m/yr

Grady Jarrett (DT) - assume 12m/yr

 

Gonna be an interesting offseason. All 7 are currently key contributors for yal.

Come on, you know all these contracts will be structured to spread the cap hits out over the contract and loaded towards the back end.

These guys will cost maybe $50M-$55M against next year's cap with how contracts will be structured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aaron Murray said:

Stop jerking off to videos of grown men glistening with sweat and pay your wife some attention.

You're trying too hard 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Beef said:

Come on, you know all these contracts will be structured to spread the cap hits out over the contract and loaded towards the back end.

These guys will cost maybe $50M-$55M against next year's cap with how contracts will be structured.

I'll say, including the 2018 draft class. If you keep all of those players, I think its closer to 55-60m than 50-55m

 

But yes, we know that. Never said it was going to be tight or tough, purely said it will be interesting since you guys currently have 32 players under contract. Those 7 make 39. 7 draft picks this year, I say 5 from this draft class remain. That's 44. Next year's class another 5 that makes 49. Effectively saying you guys still have 20m to spend to extend or add guys, thats the interesting offseason comment. Is TD going to keep all 7 or let guys walk? Not a bad outlook either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:01 AM, Beef said:

We’re like $80 million under the cap or some shit for 2019.  Grady will cost us $12-14M/yr and be worth every penny. 

He tied Aaron Donald with 15 tackles for loss and 39 QB pressures.  His 4 sacks look underwhelming, but he lived in the backfield. 

Watch for him to possibly double that sack count this year and lead DT’s in overall pressures or TFL’s.

The great thing about Grady is he is a beast at both run stuffing and getting pressures from either the 3-tech or 1-tech. 

Gives us choices in this draft too.  We could draft Vea, Payne, Hurst, Bryan, Phillips, Hill, or Shepherd and fill our DT hole.  We don’t have to go, “Oh god, we have to move up to get Vea or we’re screwed!”

After a lot of research, I believe Payne will be our pick at 26, and we’ll get another DT in the 3rd. 

Or maybe we go LB, CB, or OL in the first and double-dip DT’s in the 2nd and 3rd.

80? lol closer to 50 and that's without Ryan on the Books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aaron Murray said:

That doesn't include the team's 5th year option for Vic ($14.2M), the 2018 rookies ($6M), or the 2019 rookies ($4M).

No shit, dickweed.  How about you go back and read what Nola and I discussed, then go be retarded somewhere that adults don't have to listen to your late to the game idiocy.

  • LMAO 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Aaron Murray said:

That doesn't include the team's 5th year option for Vic ($14.2M), the 2018 rookies ($6M), or the 2019 rookies ($4M).

You're also too stupid to realize that when you add 7 rookie contracts to the roster at $5.7M, that 7 $480,000 contracts ($3.36M) fall off the bottom of the 51 max contract count, so the net plus cost is only +$2.34M.

Not to mention Toilolo falls off after June 1st and frees up another $3.5M for us on top of the $2M we currently have.  So we're actually going to have some money roll over into next year too.

Also, contracts =/= cap hits.  Bonuses get spread out and contracts get back-loaded for cap hits.

We'll sign all those guys and all our rookies and go into next season around $20-$25M under the cap to start the FA season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, nola90 said:

I'll say, including the 2018 draft class. If you keep all of those players, I think its closer to 55-60m than 50-55m

 

But yes, we know that. Never said it was going to be tight or tough, purely said it will be interesting since you guys currently have 32 players under contract. Those 7 make 39. 7 draft picks this year, I say 5 from this draft class remain. That's 44. Next year's class another 5 that makes 49. Effectively saying you guys still have 20m to spend to extend or add guys, thats the interesting offseason comment. Is TD going to keep all 7 or let guys walk? Not a bad outlook either way.

I've just done a new mock based on researching all the players we've had multiple meetings and private workouts with, by position and round vs our needs, etc... and it's pretty interesting when you piece it all together.

The big kicker is we may be picking a well know RB pretty early, which would be a big indicator that we don't plan to re-sign Tevin Coleman after this season.

We're also meeting with A LOT of CB's too and likely drafting one mid-rounds... plus we have Kazee who is backing up both FS and Poole at NCB.  As a result, I seriously doubt we re-sign Poole too.

That's 2 guys and probably $12-14M saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread should be titled Gravy as in he needs to lay off the gravy. 

Falcons ain't goin any fucking where. 

Time to move on from Marty Slice. 

Hell, Tyrod Taylor would have been a better option for them. 

That MVP for Ryan was a complete anomaly. Right place, right OC, right time. 

He and his horse faced wife both suck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×