Sign in to follow this  
Freebird Lives

The 1 position each NFL team should be worried about this offseason

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-1-position-each-nfl-team-should-be-worried-about-this-offseason/ar-AAxg52X

Atlanta Falcons: fullback

This would’ve been defensive tackle, until the Falcons (who lost Dontari Poe from the center of their defensive line) added Terrell McClain late last week. So that leaves fullback, where they’re still missing Patrick DiMarco, who signed with the Bills over a year ago. Now, Atlanta will let a couple of undrafted free agents duke it out and will have to hope one of them can pick up those tough yards when the offense needs it — or help out on special teams, like DiMarco and Derrick Coleman did before them.

Carolina Panthers: wide receiver

Devin Funchess began to fulfill his potential as a No. 1 wideout last fall, and first-round pick D.J. Moore will add some athleticism to the Panthers’ starting lineup. After that pairing, the leading returning receiver on the Carolina roster is Russell Shepard, who had a whopping 17 catches in 2017. If Moore struggles as a rookie, it will limit Cam Newton’s list of viable targets. Adding a veteran receiver — a low-risk signing like Eric Decker or Dontrelle Inman or Jeremy Maclin — would help take the pressure off Funchess and Moore at the top of the depth chart.

New Orleans Saints: wide receiver/tight end

Michael Thomas is a game-changing presence at the top of the depth chart, but there’s no sure thing behind him. Ted Ginn has revived his career as a deep threat late in the game, but he just turned 33 years old. Former Illinois State backup quarterback Cameron Meredith is an under-the-radar signing who should slip into the starting lineup, but he’s also coming off a severe knee injury that may have robbed him of the explosiveness that made him effective in Chicago. The rest of the lineup gets pretty thin after those three, especially after the Saints opted not to match the Ravens’ offer to Willie Snead. And that’s also not counting a depleted tight end corps that just cut underwhelming 2016 signee Coby Fleener loose.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: offensive line

The Buccaneers ran for just 3.7 yards per carry and Jameis Winston was sacked on nearly seven percent of his dropbacks last season. While both of those depressive stats can be explained by outside factors — a lack of electric tailbacks and Winston’s uncanny ability to run into pressure rather than away from it — a slipshod offensive line is the unifying factor between the two. Adding Ryan Jensen is a major upgrade, but he’s the only surefire upgrade to make it to Florida this offseason.

I like our receiver situation much more this year than I did last year. Article also doesn't mention Smith. 

• Yep 3

1 minute ago, S4L said:

I like our receiver situation much more this year than I did last year. Article also doesn't mention Smith. 

Who ? ....

1 minute ago, Freebird Lives said:

Who ? ....

🙄

1 minute ago, S4L said:

🙄

Oh yea, the 3rd round pick that is gerrinteed to be the next Cooks....I remember now, Ray said he is going to be HOF....

6 minutes ago, Freebird Lives said:

Who ? ....

The guy the Saints took in the 3rd that looks just as good as the guy Atlanta took in the 1st.

• Yep 1
  • LMAO 1
  • JB 1

Just now, ²ᵦﷲSsKݢݢз said:

The guy the Saints took in the 3rd that looks just as good as the guy Atlanta took in the 1st.

I knew you were insane....now I have proof.

2 minutes ago, Freebird Lives said:

I knew you were insane....now I have proof.

It is not my fault Atlanta chose a guy who couldn't jump out of a paper bag. 

• Yep 1
  • LMAO 1

48 minutes ago, Freebird Lives said:

Oh yea, the 3rd round pick that is gerrinteed to be the next Cooks....I remember now, Ray said he is going to be HOF....

Proof of this or fuck off.

(It will be easier and quicker to just fuck off)

• Yep 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Fuck Off 1

2 hours ago, ²ᵦﷲSsKݢݢз said:

It is not my fault the Saints are coached by a guy who drinks out of a paper bag. 

You complacency for 7-9 caused that.

6 minutes ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

With good reason.  He's ass.

Here we go.

5 hours ago, ²ᵦﷲSsKݢݢз said:

Bookmarked . 

• Yep 2

Who's gonna put up better numbers (if they are indeed the WR3 for each team)

smith or ridley?

10 minutes ago, nola90 said:

Who's gonna put up better numbers (if they are indeed the WR3 for each team)

smith or ridley?

Ridley. I think his route running makes it an easy transition to the NFL. My only worry for him is how much he gets pressed on the outside. They're going to press the shit out of him until he can beat it.