Sign in to follow this  
SaintRay

2017 Dropped Passes

Dropped passes hurt us big time last season. Hopefully that is corrected this season. 

• Yep 1

2 minutes ago, VoidedSaint said:

Dropped passes hurt us big time last season. Hopefully that is corrected this season. 

I can think of a couple that hurt big time.screen-shot-2017-11-05-at-12-49-50-pm.pngFB_IMG_1515902755497.jpg

Elite?

• Yep 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Fuck Off 1

I don't need to answer the question if Julio is elite or not. But one bad season should not dictate that. Hell didn't ray post up jpegs of pff calling kamara and thomas elite after one good season?

If they can duplicate those results for several years then I would have no problem calling them elite. But in reality they won't put up such gaudy numbers. Look at the drop off from Zeke elliott (granted he missed a few games). 

But ultimately dropped passes, as well as tipped passes hurt us greatly this year. So hopefully that can be corrected this off season.

• Yep 1

1 hour ago, VoidedSaint said:

I don't need to answer the question if Julio is elite or not. But one bad season should not dictate that. Hell didn't ray post up jpegs of pff calling kamara and thomas elite after one good season?

If they can duplicate those results for several years then I would have no problem calling them elite. But in reality they won't put up such gaudy numbers. Look at the drop off from Zeke elliott (granted he missed a few games). 

But ultimately dropped passes, as well as tipped passes hurt us greatly this year. So hopefully that can be corrected this off season.

I post up all kinds of great, thought provoking stuff.

Guess we see which qb in the league needs perfection from his receivers to put up good stats, and still wasn't as good as matt ryan. 

• Yep 2
  • LMAO 1

And we still went just as far in the playoffs. Imagine how much higher Ryan would have been rated than Brees has his receivers actually caught the ball.

• Yep 2
  • LMAO 1

Our O is going to click again this year and with Sark redemption...I'm expecting another huge year for MR2 and for him being in MVP consideration  again.....defense will be top ten or better....

2 hours ago, S4L said:

I can think of a couple that hurt big time.screen-shot-2017-11-05-at-12-49-50-pm.pngFB_IMG_1515902755497.jpg

Elite?

You stone cold fucking bastard.....

• LMAO 1

4 minutes ago, Freebird Lives said:

Our O is going to click again this year and with Sark redemption...I'm expecting another huge year for MR2 and for him being in MVP consideration  again.....defense will be top ten or better....

Will there be sark redemption though?  The shanny redemption wasn't as hard to predict because we were moving the ball well but turning it over and our center was trash. 

Sark didn't do anything to make me feel confident

3 minutes ago, SyCOLA said:

Will there be sark redemption though?  The shanny redemption wasn't as hard to predict because we were moving the ball well but turning it over and our center was trash. 

Sark didn't do anything to make me feel confident

Well, I'm trying to be hopeful but certainly with the talent we have on O at least there are zero excuses at this point....but I just got a good feeling, is weird, usually me gloom .....

46 minutes ago, Freebird Lives said:

Senile 

1 hour ago, ²ᵦﷲSsKݢݢз said:

Senile 

Bitch you must be talking about your own dam brain because 98% what you post is cream of wheat.....

30 minutes ago, Freebird Lives said:

Bitch you must be talking about your own dam brain because 98% what you post is cream of wheat.....

Senile

34 drops.  That leaves a lot of room for improvement.

After 11 drops in 2016, you can certainly see how big of an impact dropped passes can be.

Another reason to be optimistic in 2018.  Thx Foghorn.

• Yep 2

assume atl goes from 34 to around 24 (below average).

Ryan threw for 7.74YPA, I'll assume those 10 passes went for 100 yards.

His stats would have been:

66.5% (up from 64.7%)

4195 yards (up from 4095)

7.93 YPA (up from 7.74YPA)

statistically, it doesn't really change much. but dropped passes doomed yal in 2 games unfortunately.

• Yep 1

1 hour ago, nola90 said:

66.5% (up from 64.7%)

statistically, it doesn't really change much. but dropped passes doomed yal in 2 games unfortunately.

It's way more than that.  8 of his 12 interceptions were very catchable passes off receivers hands.

So 8 of those 34 drops resulted in turnovers and loss of entire possessions.

He would have had a lot more than just another 100 yards.

17 minutes ago, Beef said:

It's way more than that.  8 of his 12 interceptions were very catchable passes off receivers hands.

So 8 of those 34 drops resulted in turnovers and loss of entire possessions.

He would have had a lot more than just another 100 yards.

why are you always complicating shit, we know some were tipped passes for INTs. Yet you wanna complicate numbers, hell if thats the case maybe the next play devonta freeman or teco run for a TD.

• LMAO 2

2 minutes ago, nola90 said:

why are you always complicating shit, we know some were tipped passes for INTs. Yet you wanna complicate numbers, hell if thats the case maybe the next play devonta freeman or teco run for a TD.

LOL

2 hours ago, nola90 said:

66.5% (up from 64.7%)

Cost us a shot at the Div and the NFC Championship Game....

we will give Julio a Pass tho, now if he drops more like that this yr, i will start to become concerned ....

2 hours ago, nola90 said:

66.5% (up from 64.7%)

Let's not assume that, as just ONE of those drops was a 50 yard pass to Julio in the endzone...

1 hour ago, treefiddy said:

Let's not assume that, as just ONE of those drops was a 50 yard pass to Julio in the endzone...

and I'm sure a few were shorter, its taking averages.

either way, dropped passes as a number doesn't hurt. but isolating a single play, yeah it definitely hurt. dropped pass. missed tackle. one play can easily end a season.

2 minutes ago, Sauce Castieaux said:

Jesus Christ NY, what the hell are your WR's even doing?

All of their receivers got hurt. They were playing PS guys.

I’m still baffled how we go from 11 to 34 with literally the same goddamn personnel.

Our OL even gave up fewer pressures and sacks in 2017 than in 16.

It had to be mental.  Something caused a loss of focus and less concentration by the receivers.

Can’t put my finger on what that would have been though.  Maybe Sark and the different playcalling arrangements?  Maybe the SB hangover curse is real?  Just bad luck? (actually the tips turning into ints was definitely bad luck)

I don’t know.  I sure hope we go back to our mean again this season though.  Somewhere around 15-20 would be typical for us.  Would love another 11 or less year too.