WakeGOAT

Lol so American citizens...

Liberals love them some slave labor. 

A parent can make upwards to $40k a year for being unemployed and not working (pay and services). Why in the hell would they work in a field for as little as $62 per day?

https://modernfarmer.com/2013/11/farmworker-confessional/

Tomatoes are the worst paid: I’ll pick 100 for 62 cents a bucket, or about $62 a day. I don’t do tomatoes much anymore. It’s heavy work, you have to bend over, run to turn in your baskets, and your back hurts. I say I like tomatoes — in a salad. Ha. With a lot of the crops, the bosses keep track of your haul by giving you a card, and punching it every time you turn in a basket.

• Yep 1

7 minutes ago, Dago said:

A parent can make upwards to $40k a year for being unemployed and not working (pay and services). Why in the hell would they work in a field for as little as $62 per day?

Tomatoes are the worst paid: I’ll pick 100 for 62 cents a bucket, or about $62 a day. I don’t do tomatoes much anymore. It’s heavy work, you have to bend over, run to turn in your baskets, and your back hurts. I say I like tomatoes — in a salad. Ha. With a lot of the crops, the bosses keep track of your haul by giving you a card, and punching it every time you turn in a basket.

It's a hell of a dilemma for the libs.

Bring 'em in illegally, give them voting rights and work 'em cheap. It's modern day slavery.

• Yep 1

12 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

Bring 'em in illegally, give them voting rights and work 'em cheap. It's modern day slavery.

Why is it that when liberals call for minimum wage they dont look to do anything about the pay system on farms where people are paid shit wages by the barrel?

• Yep 2

Make the welfare queens pick the motherfuckers. I thought we were supposed to be transitioning to workfare anyway.

• Yep 1

On 6/18/2018 at 10:30 AM, Dago said:

Generally i agree with you but all what you just said shouldn't matter when the group of people claiming to have these jobs taking from them see that the owners/bosses of these jobs are struggling to find workers.

13 minutes ago, WakeGOAT said:

Generally i agree with you but all what you just said shouldn't matter when the group of people claiming to have these jobs taking from them see that the owners/bosses of these jobs are struggling to find workers.

Oh, one way or another the guac fruits will get picked....bank it....but do you realize that people working in construction, skilled journeyman carpenters, etc. are making the same wages they were in the 80s and 90s ? Do you even know this ?

• Yep 2

17 minutes ago, WakeGOAT said:

What they’re struggling to find is CHEAP labor. The presence of illegal immigrants in this country is driving wages DOWN. Your argument supports mandatory e-verify, strong borders and immigration reform. The avocado farmers have been spoiled by cheap labor (often times BELOW minimum wage) and they’re not offering Americans enough money to do that kind of work. If we deport illegals, implement e-verify and enforce our borders, then avocado farmers will have to pay their workers more. In other words, wages will go UP. You’re defending the practice of employing illegal aliens at substandard wages. It’s not legally or morally right. Thanks for illustrating the point of populist  economic nationalism.

• Yep 2

21 minutes ago, WakeGOAT said:

So principles are fine and dandy till they become inconvenient

• Yep 2

30 minutes ago, WakeGOAT said:

Most of illegal immigrants that have these jobs are getting paid "under the table"... which is....illegal.

24 minutes ago, Dago said:

So principles are fine and dandy till they become inconvenient

Kinda like how kneeling was only viewed as a sign of disrespect until Kaep started doing it or that the flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free as respect to the flag unless the NFL is doing it.

• Gay 1
  • JB 1

12 minutes ago, WakeGOAT said:

Kinda like how kneeling was only viewed as a sign of disrespect until Kaep started doing it or that the flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free as respect to the flag unless the NFL is doing it.

Fuck Kaep and his band of brothers. If the nigga never throws another spiral it wouldn’t break my heart.

• Yep 2

18 minutes ago, WakeGOAT said:

What are you yammering on about? Are you seriously making a Tebow reference? He never kneeled during the anthem. The whole NFL thing is a kneeling-during-the-anthem controversy, not a kneeling controversy. Don’t be intellectually dishonest with your arguments dude.

• Yep 2

1 hour ago, WakeGOAT said:

I had no problem with it but i recognize the rights of an employer as well which is something Kaep supporters cant comprehend. 

But I appreciate you making my point for me

On 6/18/2018 at 9:39 AM, SaintRay said:

Whaaaa.. 

On 6/18/2018 at 9:30 AM, Dago said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaa...

Liberals love slave labor?  The fuck are you talking about? 

34 minutes ago, SyCOLA said:

Whaaaa.. 

Whaaaaaaaaaaa...

Why don’t you take up the argument on the merits instead of acting like a child?

• Yep 1

35 minutes ago, SyCOLA said:

Whaaaa.. 

Whaaaaaaaaaaa...

What they’re struggling to find is CHEAP labor. The presence of illegal immigrants in this country is driving wages DOWN. Your argument supports mandatory e-verify, strong borders and immigration reform. The avocado farmers have been spoiled by cheap labor (often times BELOW minimum wage) and they’re not offering Americans enough money to do that kind of work. If we deport illegals, implement e-verify and enforce our borders, then avocado farmers will have to pay their workers more. In other words, wages will go UP. You’re defending the practice of employing illegal aliens at substandard wages. It’s not legally or morally right. Thanks for illustrating the point of populist  economic nationalism.

• Yep 1

54 minutes ago, SyCOLA said:

Whaaaa.. 

Whaaaaaaaaaaa...

Conservatives are fighting tooth and nail to outlaw illegals.

Liberals are doing the same to protect them.

Got it?

• Yep 1

meanwhile in Ohio

Steel Factories get 500 bil boost from Tariffs

maybe they can share some of that with Americas Farmers  to ease the hit they are taking , until this trade conflict is over.... they can always be paid back later .... that would end this narrative and strengthen The American Worker even more..... 

• Yep 1

1 hour ago, SyCOLA said:

Whaaaa.. 

Whaaaaaaaaaaa...

1) why dont liberal cries for fair wages extend to people working brutal farming jobs? 

2) why do liberals make dishonest claims about americans not willing to work knowing that the real problem is that they arent willing to work in brutal conditions for less than minimum wage? Unemployment is way down so obviously americans are willing to work

I shouldnt call it slavery because it isnt. However, it is morally wrong and those two things directly contradict each other so please give me a logical reason for holding both those opinions?

• Yep 2

Hell, these pickers are making good coin....when I was a young man I pounded nails and poured concrete in the hot sun for far less than these avocado pickers are making....

Even though he pays well above minimum wage, he’s also lost workers to farms that can afford to pay more. The experienced harvesters at Shade’s farm can make up to $400 a day, he says. The rookies start off at minimum wage and then move up to $200 to $300 a day after a few weeks.

• Yep 1

13 minutes ago, Freebird Lives said:

Hell, these pickers are making good coin....when I was a young man I pounded nails and poured concrete in the hot sun for far less than these avocado pickers are making....

Even though he pays well above minimum wage, he’s also lost workers to farms that can afford to pay more. The experienced harvesters at Shade’s farm can make up to $400 a day, he says. The rookies start off at minimum wage and then move up to $200 to $300 a day after a few weeks.

If that’s true then I stand corrected in this particular case. I would like to know how many hours a shift at Shade’s farm is though. Are we talking 8 hours, 10 hours, 12 hours? How many days a week? How many workers are really making $300 a day. The difference between $200 a day and $300 a day is the difference between $48,000 and $72,000 a year (before taxes), and how far does that get you in California? How much does he pay illegals? And would the owner of Shade’s Farm feel compelled to offer $200 to $300 a day if he were allowed to employ a bunch of illegals like he wants to?

Either way, citing shortage of labor as an excuse to turn a blind eye to illegal immigration is a bad argument. Ultimately supply and demand determines wages absent government intervention or illegal labor. Supply and demand will drive wages up if there aren’t enough workers willing to work at the given rate—and the availability of illegal immigrant labor keeps those wages stagnant at best or drives them down at worst.

18 hours ago, Dago said:

1) why dont liberal cries for fair wages extend to people working brutal farming jobs? 

2) why do liberals make dishonest claims about americans not willing to work knowing that the real problem is that they arent willing to work in brutal conditions for less than minimum wage? Unemployment is way down so obviously americans are willing to work

I shouldnt call it slavery because it isnt. However, it is morally wrong and those two things directly contradict each other so please give me a logical reason for holding both those opinions?

What makes you think liberals don't want fair wages for farming jobs? Is there a reason, or did it just sound good? 

23 minutes ago, SyCOLA said:

What makes you think liberals don't want fair wages for farming jobs? Is there a reason, or did it just sound good? 

20 hours ago, SaintRay said:

Conservatives are fighting tooth and nail to outlaw illegals.

Liberals are doing the same to protect them.

Got it?

Why you ask?

Low wages in the crop regions of California, which just so happens to be liberal central.

• Yep 2