Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Murray

Julio Jones absent for the start of Falcons workouts

Apparently, when Arthur Blank refers to guys being “Falcons for life,” that didn’t include Monday.

According to D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, defensive tackle Grady Jarrett wasn’t at the start of Falcons workouts either, joining wide receiver Julio Jones on the absence list for the voluntary work.

Jarrett’s still waiting for a long-term deal, after he got the franchise tag this offseason.

That’s worth $15.2 million, but he hasn’t signed yet. There’s a July 15 deadline for an extension.

If the Falcons could extend Jarrett, they could get to work on signing their next wave of young stars (linebackers Deion Jones and DeVondre Campbell and safety Keanu Neal).

“It’s a hard thing sometimes for the fan base to understand,” Falcons coach Dan Quinn said. “‘Why don’t you re-sign everybody?’ I would totally love that. You do have to be strategic.”

But until Jarrett’s deal is done, they may not see him or any of those deals.

• Yep 2

3 hours ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

Apparently, when Arthur Blank refers to guys being “Falcons for life,” that didn’t include Monday.

According to D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, defensive tackle Grady Jarrett wasn’t at the start of Falcons workouts either, joining wide receiver Julio Jones on the absence list for the voluntary work.

Jarrett’s still waiting for a long-term deal, after he got the franchise tag this offseason.

That’s worth $15.2 million, but he hasn’t signed yet. There’s a July 15 deadline for an extension.

If the Falcons could extend Jarrett, they could get to work on signing their next wave of young stars (linebackers Deion Jones and DeVondre Campbell and safety Keanu Neal).

“It’s a hard thing sometimes for the fan base to understand,” Falcons coach Dan Quinn said. “‘Why don’t you re-sign everybody?’ I would totally love that. You do have to be strategic.”

But until Jarrett’s deal is done, they may not see him or any of those deals.

We really need to nail this draft so we can part ways with Grady. He's not worth the $$$ or the headache.

• Yep 3

29 minutes ago, DD: OG said:

We really need to nail this draft so we can part ways with Grady. He's not worth the $$$ or the headache.

I hate to give up on a guy who is just turning 26.  If we can nail rounds 3 and 4 by getting some effective, cost certainty at RB, future C and a sleeper DE or FS, we might have the means to keep Grady, Neal and Debo around.

• Yep 1

5 hours ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

I hate to give up on a guy who is just turning 26.  If we can nail rounds 3 and 4 by getting some effective, cost certainty at RB, future C and a sleeper DE or FS, we might have the means to keep Grady, Neal and Debo around.

I love your positivity, but no fucking way ALL 3 remain....I'm thinking Grady will be the one to go....he is one hell of a player, but he is not a god child....Julio is a god child...Deebo is a godchild...Grady is a god nephew ….Neal needs to get well to be in the family of gods...

• LMAO 1

1 minute ago, Freebird Lives said:

I love your positivity, but no fucking way ALL 3 remain....I'm thinking Grady will be the one to go....he is one hell of a player, but he is not a god child....Julio is a god child...Deebo is a godchild...Grady is a god nephew ….Neal needs to get well to be in the family of gods...

I understand Grady's issue.  As a 5th rounder, he's made the least amount of money, yet he is the last to get paid.  Julio is now looking for an early handout for the 2nd time.  Freeman got paid early, as did Matthews.  The team is looking to gift Debo and Neal as well.  Grady isn't just looking for league-wide value, but also equalization from within his own team.

• Yep 2

2 minutes ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

I understand Grady's issue.  As a 5th rounder, he's made the least amount of money, yet he is the last to get paid.  Julio is now looking for an early handout for the 2nd time.  Freeman got paid early, as did Matthews.  The team is looking to gift Debo and Neal as well.  Grady isn't just looking for league-wide value, but also equalization from within his own team.

Freeman was a huge mistake....but hostage situations are tricky when all in...Julio, well...it was expected, at least he's not AB ….Grady, his head is spinning with visions just inches from his grasp... 3 sacks in the SUPER BOWL... 

Deebo is now the godchild king IMO...Neal standing in his shadow as one of the preferred ones.....just can not help but think Grady will be the sacrifice...

But yea, the draft will reveal all ... 

• Yep 1

31 minutes ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

Correction. Julio is looking for a 3rd early handout contract.  

And like you mentioned everyone else got early. But the guy who has performed well II'm his position gets a tender? Shit alford even got paid.  

Julio has screwed this team up with contracts. I really wish we would trade him. 

• Yep 1
  • JB 1

24 minutes ago, Freebird Lives said:

Freeman was a huge mistake....but hostage situations are tricky when all in...Julio, well...it was expected, at least he's not AB ….Grady, his head is spinning with visions just inches from his grasp... 3 sacks in the SUPER BOWL... 

Deebo is now the godchild king IMO...Neal standing in his shadow as one of the preferred ones.....just can not help but think Grady will be the sacrifice...

But yea, the draft will reveal all ... 

What you mean he's not AB? Last year the whiney little brat deleted all his falcon stuff off his twitter account.  

• Deal with It 1

53 minutes ago, DD: OG said:

Until next April .....

Dude gets a new deal every time he can’t find Flowery Branch.

• Yep 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Pink Pussy 1

19 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

Until next April .....

Remember when every year they accused us of being in cap hell and overspending? 

Wonder how much of their salary will be taken by Ryan, Grady, Beasely, and JJ after this? Wonder if that had anything to do with them not signing depth this offseason even after being completely exposed last year?

Enquiring minds want to know

• Yep 1

2 minutes ago, Dago said:

Remember when every year they accused us of being in cap hell and overspending? 

Wonder how much of their salary will be taken by Ryan, Grady, Beasely, and JJ after this? Wonder if that had anything to do with them not signing depth this offseason even after being completely exposed last year?

Enquiring minds want to know

Your 'cap hell' netted you 4 straight 7-9 seasons. We're coming off our first, if the trend continues you would have a valid point.

Currently, not so much.

• Yep 2

1 minute ago, DD: OG said:

Your 'cap hell' netted you 4 straight 7-9 seasons. We're coming off our first, if the trend continues you would have a valid point.

Currently, not so much.

Three straight, actually

How much you all giving Vic again?

Just now, Dago said:

Three straight, actually

How much you all giving Vic again?

Almost $13M, he's worth about 1/10 of that, IMO. 

• Yep 1

4 hours ago, SaintRay said:

Until next April .....

Can't find the fucking ball for the game winning catch in the nffcg against the eagles either.  

But hey, let's throw 2+ million extra at him the next year. And then he can go with not having double digit TD and also miss out on catching the deep balls from Ryan (why hall, hardy, hooper, ridley, sanu do it). And then we'll let him take more time off going missing the post season. Actually just screw it let's end all of hopes of making the WC by week 11...... ohhhh and he doesn't need to go the pro bowl. 

And while we are at it, he doesn't need to show up to train to get his body in shape.  Its not like the guy ever has a fucking injury to missing games. 

Fucking whiny ass bitch Julio is.  

......... yeah my Megan side came out. Let me go find the key to lock her ass back up.  

6 hours ago, DD: OG said:

Almost $13M, he's worth about 1/10 of that, IMO. 

i'd say he's worth 1/4 of that...he ain't THAT bad.

8 hours ago, nola90 said:

i'd say he's worth 1/4 of that...he ain't THAT bad.

He graded out as the worst starting DE in the league last season. So yeah, he's that bad.

2 hours ago, DD: OG said:

He graded out as the worst starting DE in the league last season. So yeah, he's that bad.

Even worse, #103 out of 103 qualifying edge defenders.

3 hours ago, DD: OG said:

i was gonna say, I think he should be used as a situational pass rusher and only that. You know like 30-40% of the snaps, not this 60%+.

Rookie: 51.2% - good

2016: 60.4% - great

2017: 45.9% - meh

2018: 64% - shit

But damn it makes no sense otherwise....maybe I'm just wrong about him being "okay"

15 hours ago, MASH said:

Can't find the fucking ball for the game winning catch in the nffcg against the eagles either.  

But hey, let's throw 2+ million extra at him the next year. And then he can go with not having double digit TD and also miss out on catching the deep balls from Ryan (why hall, hardy, hooper, ridley, sanu do it). And then we'll let him take more time off going missing the post season. Actually just screw it let's end all of hopes of making the WC by week 11...... ohhhh and he doesn't need to go the pro bowl. 

And while we are at it, he doesn't need to show up to train to get his body in shape.  Its not like the guy ever has a fucking injury to missing games. 

Fucking whiny ass bitch Julio is.  

......... yeah my Megan side came out. Let me go find the key to lock her ass back up.  

Hmmm...