Sign in to follow this  
Monoxide

Do Saints fans actually argue that MT is better than Julio?

5 hours ago, SaintRay said:

The bigger question is did Julio sign his contract yet?

But to answer the question, both are invaluable to the schemes they operate in with the teams they play for. 

Julio is faster deep down field, but after that, MT can do everything Julio does, and in some cases, better (catch percentage versus targets for example).

You can splice it however you want.  MT is great.  Julio is significantly better.

And I like MT a bunch

• Yep 1

Julio is a goat stud

up there with Rice

but he disappears in the redzone

thomas is perfect for the Saints but needs a good #2 and #3 against the best defenses

Kamara causes problems but it was obvious when Tedd Ginn was gone that defenses were collapsing on Mike

Julio has Sanu and Ridley.  Pick your poison

13 hours ago, SaintRay said:

The bigger question is did Julio sign his contract yet?

But to answer the question, both are invaluable to the schemes they operate in with the teams they play for. 

Julio is faster deep down field, but after that, MT can do everything Julio does, and in some cases, better (catch percentage versus targets for example).

He plays defense. And pulls 3 people. And runs over some like a truck....... Asking for a friend

By the way, has Julio signed his new contract yet?

I'm telling you, he's holding out for more than being offered. Otherwise he would have signed by now.

2 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

I'm telling you, he's holding out for more than being offered. Otherwise he would have signed by now.

giphy.gif

• LMAO 2

1 hour ago, SaintRay said:

If the rumor of $100,000,000 new money added to his 2 years remaining, it could be a problem.

The extension would be 4 years, 100 million.  But including the two years left it looks like 6 years 123 million

• Yep 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Pass Interference 1

^^^^ Julio is a great player, but he's at an age where this would absurd ^^^^

• Yep 1

44 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

^^^^ Julio is a great player, but he's at an age where this would absurd ^^^^

Players need to save G money for their work stoppage.

• LMAO 1

2 hours ago, Falconsin2019 said:

If the rumor of $100,000,000 new money added to his 2 years remaining, it could be a problem.

The extension would be 4 years, 100 million.  But including the two years left it looks like 6 years 123 million

Man , fuck THAT shit....

56 minutes ago, Freebird Lives said:

Man , fuck THAT shit....

I don’t know what they’d do with the 2020 CAP hit

• Yep 1

29 minutes ago, Falconsin2019 said:

I don’t know what they’d do with the 2020 CAP hit

I'm no cap guru , it is boring as fuck IMO so I don't delve much into it . Even I can see it looks like we are going all in for maybe a two year window. I just don't see how we can keep it together much after next year with all the talent coming up to get paid whilst maintaining the bloat contracts we already have. 

I know we are not the only team with this problem but it feels like a sense of impending doom LOL.  But I think we have the talent to take it all this year with some injury luck. You could see a real difference in the first team D versus MIA with Quinn in control. I'm calling top 10 D with some injury luck.

• Yep 1

3 hours ago, Freebird Lives said:

I'm no cap guru , it is boring as fuck IMO so I don't delve much into it . Even I can see it looks like we are going all in for maybe a two year window. I just don't see how we can keep it together much after next year with all the talent coming up to get paid whilst maintaining the bloat contracts we already have. 

I know we are not the only team with this problem but it feels like a sense of impending doom LOL.  But I think we have the talent to take it all this year with some injury luck. You could see a real difference in the first team D versus MIA with Quinn in control. I'm calling top 10 D with some injury luck.

I am a cap junkie.  Degree in accounting, love for the NFL and especially my Saints, I study it.  Virtually no deal is impossible to make.  It depends upon how it is structured.  He can get those numbers back loaded with yearly roster bonuses counted as guarantees the yearly average is easy. The backend can, and is, easily reconstructed. 

• Yep 1

18 minutes ago, AsylumGuido said:

I am a cap junkie.  Degree in accounting, love for the NFL and especially my Saints, I study it.  Virtually no deal is impossible to make.  It depends upon how it is structured.  He can get those numbers back loaded with yearly roster bonuses counted as guarantees the yearly average is easy. The backend can, and is, easily reconstructed. 

Speaking of cap room, many Saints fans think the Saints could/will trade Peat for a draft choice before the season kicks off.

Will never happen. 

The team would have to eat his entire $9m cap hit with zero relief.

I also think he is the best LG on the roster.

27 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

Speaking of cap room, many Saints fans think the Saints could/will trade Peat for a draft choice before the season kicks off.

Will never happen. 

The team would have to eat his entire $9m cap hit with zero relief.

I also think he is the best LG on the roster.

Agreed.  No way that happens.  Peat has the ability to swing to left tackle, as well, as we both know is needed at times.  This late in the preseason movement of substantial contracted players are next to impossible.

3 hours ago, AsylumGuido said:

Good I now know where to go with my cap questions. I would rather watch paint dry as to study that shit.