Sign in to follow this  
treefiddy

Dalvin Cook >>>>>>> Leonard Fournette

FSU has only faced one good defense all year and that was Boston College.

BC gives up 196 yards a game on average and FSU got 217.

BC gives up 51 yards rushing per game and Cook got 54.

In other words, FSU wasn't any more effective against the one good defense they have played than any other BC opponent.

LSU has also played one top defense in Florida. Before playing LSU, Florida was only giving up 254 yards a game and LSU put up 423

Florida only gave up 99 yards rushing per game before LSU and Fournette put up 180 yards

Level of competition matters. in the AP ACC has three teams ranked at 6, 9, and 25. the SEC has teams ranked at 5, 8, 13, 15, and 24.

in the coaches poll the ACC has two teams ranked at 6 and 9. the SEC has 6 teams ranked at 5, 8, 14, 16, 23, and 25

FSU has only faced one good defense all year and that was Boston College.

BC gives up 196 yards a game on average and FSU got 217.

BC gives up 51 yards rushing per game and Cook got 54.

In other words, FSU wasn't any more effective against the one good defense they have played than any other BC opponent.

LSU has also played one top defense in Florida. Before playing LSU, Florida was only giving up 254 yards a game and LSU put up 423

Florida only gave up 99 yards rushing per game before LSU and Fournette put up 180 yards

Level of competition matters. in the AP ACC has three teams ranked at 6, 9, and 25. the SEC has teams ranked at 5, 8, 13, 15, and 24.

in the coaches poll the ACC has two teams ranked at 6 and 9. the SEC has 6 teams ranked at 5, 8, 14, 16, 23, and 25

Take a look at their last 200ish carries.

Dalvin Cook

201 carries, 1,547 yards, 7.6 YPC, 13 TDs, 25 Receptions, 258 Yards, 1 TD

Leonard Fournette
206 carries, 1,579 yards, 7.6 YPC, 17 TDs, 6 Receptions, 56 Yards, 0 TDs

Defensive Rankings of opponents.
FSU Opponents Run Defense: 36, 3, 8, 83, 66, 102, 26, 1, 80, 53, 42. Average rank = 41
LSU Opponents Run Defense: 4, 19, 112, 61, 79, 85, 41, 128, 113, 34. Average rank = 68

Check mate...

• Pink Pussy 2

yes...maybe it would be check make unless you realize that you show 11 rankings for FSU yet they have only played 7 games and 10 rankings for LSU and they have only played 6 games. how the fuck does that work

if you are extrapolating into games that haven't been played yet, that is just stupid

furthermore, your use of rankings is flawed because it doesn't reflect the quality of opponents. you have one of two choices here....either admit that your methodology is wrong or go on record saying that Navy has a better defense than Alabama (Navy is ranked #9 and Alabama is ranked #13). that is why I compared performance the only time the teams went up against top ranked defenses

so which is it?

edit: oh, and checkmate bitch :D

Edited by Dago
  • Pink Pussy 2

yes...maybe it would be check make unless you realize that you show 11 rankings for FSU yet they have only played 7 games and 10 rankings for LSU and they have only played 6 games. how the fuck does that work

if you are extrapolating into games that haven't been played yet, that is just stupid

furthermore, your use of rankings is flawed because it doesn't reflect the quality of opponents. you have one of two choices here....either admit that your methodology is wrong or go on record saying that Navy has a better defense than Alabama (Navy is ranked #9 and Alabama is ranked #13)

so which is it?

It's over their last 200 or so carries, as I stated clear as day.

As far as quality of opponents. I'm not going to dive in to your over inflated as fuck SEC "rankings"

Some of the worst rushing defenses in the NCAA came out of the SEC.

• Pink Pussy 1

1) It's over their last 200 or so carries, as I stated clear as day.

2) As far as quality of opponents. I'm not going to dive in to your over inflated as fuck SEC "rankings"

Some of the worst rushing defenses in the NCAA came out of the SEC.

1) irrelevant and has no bearing on my point

2) and 3) so are you going on record as saying Navy has a better defense than Alabama? if not, then you are admitting that the rankings you are using to prove your point are wrong

logically, you cannot have it both ways. so which is it?

and maybe this time you can address my point instead of trying to sidestep it

1) irrelevant and has no bearing on my point

2) and 3) so are you going on record as saying Navy has a better defense than Alabama? if not, then you are admitting that the rankings you are using to prove your point are wrong

logically, you cannot have it both ways. so which is it?

and maybe this time you can address my point instead of trying to sidestep it

You are discounting FSU's competition WAY too much.

According to the Football Power Index

FSU's Strength of Record this season is #13, LSU's is #1.
FSU's FPI overall is 15. LSU's 7.

FSU's Strength of Record last season was #3, LSU's was #22.
FSU's FIP overall was #14, LSU's was #15

I hate you SEC scrubs because you think the SEC being over-hyped means it's as good as it really is...

When in reality the SEC is 6-5 vs the ACC over the last 2 seasons.

Your 3-0 record this year spouts wins by Auburn over Louisville by 7, South Carolina over North Carolina by 4 and LSU over Syrcause by 10.

Hardily some super power conference.

Oh, don't forget the ACC had the most first rounders picked last season by the NFL. Not the SEC.

you can keep trying to dodge the point, but I am not going to let you

if you believe the rankings that you posted are accurate enough to support your opinion on the best defenses, then you also have to believe that Navy has a better defense than Alabama

even you have to see the logical fallacy there but you just never want to admit you are wrong.

you can't say that the rankings are accurate enough to support your opinion but are wrong when it comes to Navy being better than Alabama....you can't have it both ways

oh, and even by your rankings there is a large difference between #1 and #13 

you can keep trying to dodge the point, but I am not going to let you

if you believe the rankings that you posted are accurate enough to support your opinion on the best defenses, then you also have to believe that Navy has a better defense than Alabama

even you have to see the logical fallacy there but you just never want to admit you are wrong.

you can't say that the rankings are accurate enough to support your opinion but are wrong when it comes to Navy being better than Alabama....you can't have it both ways

oh, and even by your rankings there is a large difference between #1 and #13 

I've already defeated you.

There's no reason to fight on.

The SEC is overhyped to shit and I've proven it.

its funny how the first thing some people do on the internet when they can't answer a point is declare themselves the winner

• Pink Pussy 2

I've answered the point. You keep coming back with some weird Navy Alabama defense comparison, blah blah blah.

Fact of the matter is, FSU has a national championship (beating the SEC's best team) within the last 2 season, and was in the playoff, last season. 

Cook is putting up better numbers (especially yards after contact) than Fournette. His team plays a pretty equal schedule and the SEC is god damn overhyped.

All you have to do is accept the fact that Cook is a better player.

how does a national championship by the team last year have any bearing on how two players are playing this year?

here is your answer....IT DOESN'T. It's red herring you keep throwing out because your position is weak

and here you are trying to say there is no difference between the team with the #1 strength of record and #13 which is just outright bullshit

so one point is irrelevant and the other is just flat out wrong. what else you got?

how does a national championship by the team last year have any bearing on how two players are playing this year?

here is your answer....IT DOESN'T. It's red herring you keep throwing out because your position is weak

and here you are trying to say there is no difference between the team with the #1 strength of record and #13 which is just outright bullshit

so one point is irrelevant and the other is just flat out wrong. what else you got?

Your main argument is Fournette going up against better competition...

Yet Cook plays for a team that was a top 4 team in the BCS Playoff last season, and won the NC the year before AGAINST the best the SEC had to offer. This squashes YOUR ENTIRE argument alone.

LSU's SoS is #1 because they had a canceled game against a non-FBS team (which would have dropped them SIGNIFICANTLY) and because of the rankings of the overhyped SEC. You want to prove me wrong, do so. But quit arguing in opinions with no backbone. As far as the difference between the #1 SoS and the #13th, you are failing to understand there are 128 teams in the FBS. The difference is a few points.

Face it. In EVERY way, Cook is an all around better player.

y'all be arguing two different thangs against each other hurtin my head worst than mama when she whoop my forehead widda belt

• Pink Pussy 2

Your main argument is Fournette going up against better competition...
Yet Cook plays for a team that was a top 4 team in the BCS Playoff last season, and won the NC the year before AGAINST the best the SEC had to offer. This squashes YOUR ENTIRE argument alone.

LSU's SoS is #1 because they had a canceled game against a non-FBS team (which would have dropped them SIGNIFICANTLY) and because of the rankings of the overhyped SEC. You want to prove me wrong, do so. But quit arguing in opinions with no backbone. As far as the difference between the #1 SoS and the #13th, you are failing to understand there are 128 teams in the FBS. The difference is a few points.

Face it. In EVERY way, Cook is an all around better player.

and what happened one or two seasons ago is completely irrelevant to this season

and what happened one or two seasons ago is completely irrelevant to this season

Not when discussing the "strength" of the division. But if you want to omit the last two seasons, I'm fine with that. The SEC has been in a downward spiral and is worse this season than it was even last season.

Not when discussing the "strength" of the division. But if you want to omit the last two seasons, I'm fine with that. The SEC has been in a downward spiral and is worse this season than it was even last season.

LMAO I just figured out why you are reaching back to the last two seasons to make your point

Florida St has only played one team with a winning record (Miami) and that team is losing 28-0 in the second quarter today. Combined record of their opponents is 16-21 plus Cook got held to 50 yards rushing against Boston College

half of LSU's opponents have winning records and the overall record of their opponents is 22-18

get the fuck out with this bullshit

• Pink Pussy 1

LMAO I just figured out why you are reaching back to the last two seasons to make your point
Florida St has only played one team with a winning record (Miami) and that team is losing 28-0 in the second quarter today. Combined record of their opponents is 16-21 plus Cook got held to 50 yards rushing against Boston College

half of LSU's opponents have winning records and the overall record of their opponents is 22-18

get the fuck out with this bullshit

LSU has only played ONE team with a TOP 40 run defense.

Your point...

LSU has only played ONE team with a TOP 40 run defense.

Your point...

so you think rankings that show that Navy has a better defense than Alabama is more reliable than the win loss record of opponents. I'm not even asking because you are making it plain that you do and that is beyond fucktarded

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Florida St has played a cupcake schedule against a bunch of scrub teams. their SoS is 60 and 66. Yeah I guess a guy could rack up some yards against garbage like that

by the way....went back and checked your rankings statistics. You ain't got to lie Craig...you ain't got to lie.

FOR OPPONENTS TO DATE IN RUSHING YARDS PER GAME, FSU...

Texas St 121
South Florida 32
Boston College 1
Wake Forest 65
Miami 66
Louisville 44

AVG: 54.83 ranking which is really skewed by Boston College being #1. And how did Cook do against Boston College? 50 yards which is what Boston College averages per game anyway. In other words, Cook didn't do any better against them than any other team

and what will happen to those rankings today? Wake Forest has already given up 183 yards rushing, Miami has given up 255, and Boston College has given up 108 to Louisville which is twice as many as Cook had

your rankings were skewed by the shit teams they play. South Florida played FAMU and Maryland early on. Boston College played fucking Maine and Howard for their first two games....OF COURSE THEIR STATISTIC RANKINGS LOOK GOOD AGAINST THAT. Wake Forest opened with Elon and Army. Miami opened with Bethune Cookman and FAU. 

Scrub teams playing a scrub schedule make the rankings look good. This is why Florida St has a shit strength of schedule...the teams they play have an even shittier strength of schedule which has led to bullshit statistical rankings. 

Now do LSU...

do what? your rankings are skewed because Florida St has played chumps who played even bigger chumps and their performances today against marginal talent is proving it. former Florida St opponents are getting run over today. 

rankings are also misleading because they don't show how great the divide is....for example Syracuse and South Florida are 10 spots apart in rankings, but that only equates to about 12 yards per game.

any logical, intelligent person would look at that fact and realize that the quality of opponent is a better indicator to decide which team has the better run defense than allowing 12 fucking yards per game decide it

do what? your rankings are skewed because Florida St has played chumps who played even bigger chumps and their performances today against marginal talent is proving it. former Florida St opponents are getting run over today. 
rankings are also misleading because they don't show how great the divide is....for example Syracuse and South Florida are 10 spots apart in rankings, but that only equates to about 12 yards per game.

any logical, intelligent person would look at that fact and realize that the quality of opponent is a better indicator to decide which team has the better run defense than allowing 12 fucking yards per game decide it

Show me the rank of the run defenses that LSU has faced.