SaintRay

Saints could trade up for Burrows

Imagine a deal like this....

• 1st 2020
  • 3rd 2020
  • 1st 2021
  • 2nd 2021
  • Alvin Kamara

Rumor has it Sean Payton feels he can rebuild around Burrows because of plenty of young talent on the team. And he reportedly likes Murray at RB a lot, but he and Karama don’t get along.

This would likely spell the end of the Brees era.

Who knows ... nothing would surprise me.

• LMAO 1

11 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

• 1st 2020
  • 3rd 2020
  • 1st 2021
  • 2nd 2021
  • Alvin Kamara

Rumor has it Sean Payton feels he can rebuild around Burrows because of plenty of young talent on the team. And he reportedly likes Murray at RB a lot, but he and Karama don’t get along.

LMFAO , you really think Cincy would let him go ? ...seriously ?  

2 minutes ago, Freebird Lives said:

LMFAO , you really think Cincy would let him go ? ...seriously ?  

I said who knows.

What I do know is Cincy needs a ton of players to get respectable. They are far from a couple of players away.

8 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

I said who knows.

What I do know is Cincy needs a ton of players to get respectable. They are far from a couple of players away.

Ray , no one with a need of a franchise QB is passing up a chance to draft the godchild. You know this as well as I do...

49 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

• 1st 2020
  • 3rd 2020
  • 1st 2021
  • 2nd 2021
  • Alvin Kamara

It would take twice that to get the #1 from Cincy, Burrows says he wants to play in Ohio.

If something along the lines of this materialized, I’d be down it. Even if the team added a 2022 2 or 3 into the deal. 

The team has a slew of young players coming up for contracts. They can’t keep them all. No position is valued more then QB. So players like Kamara, Bell, Williams or even Lattimore could be traded or included in a deal to move up.

37 minutes ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

Matt Ryan is so much better then Joe Burrows.

than

Smartest move they could make is sign Bridgewater to a deal and draft Chase Young with the #1 pick.

Dumbest move they could do is trade out of the top 3.

Fat chance this would ever happen.

14 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Smartest move they could make is sign Bridgewater to a deal and draft Chase Young with the #1 pick.

Dumbest move they could do is trade out of the top 3.

Fat chance this would ever happen.

Mike Brown and more importantly Kattie Blackburn-Brown have done nothing but gush about him on local radio.

Burrows will be a Bengal.

Take it to the bank.

1 hour ago, DD: OG said:

Mike Brown and more importantly Kattie Blackburn-Brown have done nothing but gush about him on local radio.

Burrows will be a Bengal.

Take it to the bank.

I agree. I'm wondering of AJ Green will resign which would give Burrows a really good WR to start his career. 

1 hour ago, meezy0236 said:

I agree. I'm wondering of AJ Green will resign which would give Burrows a really good WR to start his career. 

AJ is a broke down wreck, the Bengals will NOT re-sign him.

1 minute ago, DD: OG said:

AJ is a broke down wreck, the Bengals will NOT re-sign him.

Lots of pieces in Cincy.  If Williams can return healthy and Price can hold down a G spot, there are the makings of a decent O-line.  Boyd and Eifert are possession pass catchers, Ross a deep threat, Mixon a chain mover.

34 minutes ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

Lots of pieces in Cincy.  If Williams can return healthy and Price can hold down a G spot, there are the makings of a decent O-line.  Boyd and Eifert are possession pass catchers, Ross a deep threat, Mixon a chain mover.

2-14 suggests the cupboards are bare.

I would HATE this. Sounds like a terrible idea. Besides if Payton likes Murray so much, why was he so hesitant to run him when he was getting so many yards per carry? Besides, I don't think offense was REALLY the problem although we needed a legit #2 WR.

20 minutes ago, SaintsFanInLA said:

I would HATE this. Sounds like a terrible idea. Besides if Payton likes Murray so much, why was he so hesitant to run him when he was getting so many yards per carry? Besides, I don't think offense was REALLY the problem although we needed a legit #2 WR.

I wouldn’t hate it if it doesn’t kill the team in the immediate future. Since ‘16 the Saints have been good at plugging needs in FA and using the draft to build for the future.

The time has come to address the future at QB, whether he starts this year or sits for his first season while learning. We’re going to need an elite player at QB post Brees. I believe Burrow is 1A and Tua 1B. Burrow would be a dream paired with Sean Payton.

With the young and talented roster we have right now, we have options. I’d take a potential franchise QB over any other position, either on the existing roster or in the draft. I don’t believe Teddy or Taysom is the future as a starter.

Whether we can swing a blockbuster trade from #24 remains to be seen, and is unlikely. We can’t pay everyone coming this year and next if we stay committed to Brees. There’s a dead money hit post Brees as well, and the cap is increasing every year too. But without his escalated salary and a rookie at the helm, we could make a play for a QB.

Nothing Loomis/Payton do will shock me as the QB of the future gets worked out.

20 minutes ago, KnuckIfYouBuc said:

Damn dumping off Kamara already? Is he a bust now?

Yeah, I don't like the idea of getting rid of him either. He had one bad season by his standards. I would at LEAST like to see him in NOLA for one more season.

17 minutes ago, KnuckIfYouBuc said:

Damn dumping off Kamara already? Is he a bust now?

It would be swell if you’d bother to read already provided information in this thread. 

12 minutes ago, SaintsFanInLA said:

Yeah, I don't like the idea of getting rid of him either. He had one bad season by his standards. I would at LEAST like to see him in NOLA for one more season.

I didn’t say Kamara is a problem, or he is underachieving, but if its true he and Murray can’t co-exist, or if you have a chance to trade for Burrow by trading Kamara, you have to seriously consider that option.

And its safe to say Kamara is going to warrant a massive contract next year. We can’t pay Thomas, Ram, Lattimore, Kamara, Bell, Williams, Rankins, Onyemata and Peat. 

Rather than letting them walk, I’d consider a trade packaged with picks for a franchise QB.

If we don’t move up, you’re praying a QB outside of the Top 20 is your future.

11 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

I didn’t say Kamara is a problem, or he is underachieving, but if its true he and Murray can’t co-exist, or if you have a chance to trade for Burrow by trading Kamara, you have to seriously consider that option.

And its safe to say Kamara is going to warrant a massive contract next year. We can’t pay Thomas, Ram, Lattimore, Kamara, Bell, Williams, Rankins, Onyemata and Peat. 

Rather than letting them walk, I’d consider a trade packaged with picks for a franchise QB.

If we don’t move up, you’re praying a QB outside of the Top 20 is your future.

I understand you I just HATE the idea of AK being on another team.

• Yep 1