Sign in to follow this  
treefiddy

Saints going to court for supporting sexual abuse...

2 hours ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

To verify or refine your approach?

For the very reason below. 

1 hour ago, Sauce Castieaux said:

Saints put out a statement. Should be easy to prove in court one way or another. The fact that they are trying to hide something tells me its not just that 

"The advice was simple and never wavering. Be direct, open and fully transparent, while making sure that all law enforcement agencies were alerted."

In a world of click bait news, this is why I’ll wait before piling on Gayle and staff. I’m not a catholic, and find the complete sweeping under the rug of the entire Catholic Church sexual abuse case to be utterly ridiculous, regardless of Saints affiliation or not. However, if what they state is true, this is a non-story, and honestly, if that’s all it is they would be wise to release the emails as soon as possible. 

Continue with the outrage doe. 

• Yep 1

15 minutes ago, S4L said:

Continue with the outrage doe. 

This provides more clarity.

• Yep 2

7 minutes ago, meezy0236 said:

Not to me. Because there's emails that were from the saints email. And now this from the saints is acting like they didn't know anything about it.  

It's very conflicting.  

1. They should have never been involved.  

2. Don't make any statement except saying you're fully operating with the police as an open book to this disgusting matter.  

But nope.  Had to go on act like they were not involved ever.  And there's already proof from the emails they were. So now they'll be phasing a game with themselves of which lie to play on.  

And before you reply.  I get it. You're a saints fan. You are obviously going to be offended by what I said and try to pick the article the saints released.  Instead of saying this is just messed up they would even email over a disgusting matter.  

23 minutes ago, meezy0236 said:

There is always more to the story when these stories first break and we all know that. Where there is smoke there is usually a huge fire, and this is about to be a California wild fire!

3 minutes ago, MASH said:

Not to me. Because there's emails that were from the saints email. And now this from the saints is acting like they didn't know anything about it.  

It's very conflicting.  

2. Don't make any statement except saying you're fully operating with the police as an open book to this disgusting matter.  

But nope.  Had to go on act like they were not involved ever.  And there's already proof from the emails they were. So now they'll be phasing a game with themselves of which lie to play on.  

And before you reply.  I get it. You're a saints fan. You are obviously going to be offended by what I said and try to pick the article the saints released.  Instead of saying this is just messed up they would even email over a disgusting matter.  

How you gonna tell me I'm going to be offended about something, you gave your opinion like I gave mine. Furthermore, don't ever get it confused, my football fandom never intersects with real life events, so If it's proven the Saints are guilty of something, then so be it. 

• Yep 1

19 minutes ago, meezy0236 said:

Agreed. And a pretty strong statement, considering the emails may actually get released. 

5 minutes ago, MASH said:

It's very conflicting.  

That’s not acting like they weren’t involved at all. What are you reading? Saying we had no communication would be acting like they weren’t involved. This basically said yes, we had communication, as did many prominent leaders in the area, and told them to be transparent about it all.

If these come out and those statements prove to be untrue, hang them. Otherwise, answering a question like they did is completely acceptable, imo. 

• Yep 1

Just now, TruJu2111 said:

There I always more to the story when these stories first break and we all know that. Where there is smoke there is usually a huge fire, and this is about to be a California wild fire!

I agree, and there are always multiple sides, but if the Saints are guilty of any wrong doing, then they deserve what ever happens to them.

• Yep 2

49 minutes ago, S4L said:

Agreed. And a pretty strong statement, considering the emails may actually get released.

What other play do they have?

53 minutes ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

What other play do they have?

Say they’re aware and don’t have any comments as it’s a legal matter. 

3 minutes ago, S4L said:

Say they’re aware and don’t have any comments as it’s a legal matter. 

Awareness is admission of guilt.

9 minutes ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

Yeah, we’ll have to agree to disagree. A lot easier to say no comment than to say what was said, with a chance the public would find out they’re lying if they get released. 

11 minutes ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

i mean if they covered it up, fine.

But if this was already after the exposure and the archdiocese asked them how to approach it, than theres no wrongdoing.

according to a lawyer friend, its also normal practice to block email access as in allowing it would allow the court ALL emails of the saints. They'll go through a process with both lawyers, filter out the pertinent ones that involve this case, and then allow those to be seen in court. The ones pertaining to the team say...scouting, doesn't get opened.

• Yep 2

2 minutes ago, nola90 said:

i mean if they covered it up, fine.

But if this was already after the exposure and the archdiocese asked them how to approach it, than theres no wrongdoing.

according to a lawyer friend, its also normal practice to block email access as in allowing it would allow the court ALL emails of the saints. They'll go through a process with both lawyers, filter out the pertinent ones that involve this case, and then allow those to be seen in court. The ones pertaining to the team say...scouting, doesn't get opened.

Literally the exact thing they said in the statement. This is routine court shit. 

• Yep 2

4 minutes ago, S4L said:

Literally the exact thing they said in the statement. This is routine court shit. 

yup, but i guess some people here just want it to be guilty before any due process.

• Yep 3

13 minutes ago, nola90 said:

yup, but i guess some people here just want it to be guilty before any due process.

Vargas wrote about this shit in July and said then that the Saints would probably try to suppress the emails. Not sure how this shit just now went national. 

13 minutes ago, nola90 said:

How many more children get abused during due process?

38 minutes ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

How many more children get abused during due process?

And what, exactly, does that have to do with the Saints? 

• Yep 1

41 minutes ago, S4L said:

And what, exactly, does that have to do with the Saints? 

If their stalling actions delay legal proceedings.

29 minutes ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

uhhh...the ones that were guilty of said acts are already known and in deeper shit.

unless those documents are hiding others that are still part of the archdiocese, than the answer should be zero. and if due process does show that the "delay" is hiding things than bring the banhammer.

fake outrage canada

• Yep 3

39 minutes ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

I see you actually have zero knowledge of what is actually going on in this case lol. 

23 minutes ago, nola90 said:

uhhh...the ones that were guilty of said acts are already known and in deeper shit.

unless those documents are hiding others that are still part of the archdiocese, than the answer should be zero. and if due process does show that the "delay" is hiding things than bring the banhammer.

fake outrage canada

14 minutes ago, S4L said:

I see you actually have zero knowledge of what is actually going on in this case lol. 

It's called a "stay".  The proceeding is halted while the relevance of new info is determined.

Sorry you boys got confused.