Sign in to follow this  
Tom Servo

Rumor is Fowler Jr wants to play for Atlanta

That would be nice but you know he won't be cheap , he just put up 11.5 sacks and only 25.  I would love Ngakoue but we all know THAT ain't happening. With our cap ,TD is going to have to hit on a pass rusher with one of the first two picks , no small feat.

• Yep 1

Might cost. But we can do it just as the saints did it with Byrd. 

To me we need someone like him and to draft another DE in the first. I don't see clayborn sticking around.  And takk, well no offense but right now looks to be a rotational guy until he proves otherwise.  

Hopefully some how we can keep Hooper as well. But not sure if we can get that money or not.  We can make cuts like Freeman and trufant. But that means holes to fill and relying on the draft to make it work.  

Cutting Freeman I can definitely see a our first second round pick working out to be a stud. 

But cutting trufant I think it'll be hard to expect a late second rounder to fill his shoes and come flying in ready.  Again, spending money towards Hooper and Fowler, we wouldn't be in the place to even sign a meh CB. 

I

10 hours ago, MASH said:

Might cost. But we can do it just as the saints did it with Byrd. 

To me we need someone like him and to draft another DE in the first. I don't see clayborn sticking around.  And takk, well no offense but right now looks to be a rotational guy until he proves otherwise.  

Hopefully some how we can keep Hooper as well. But not sure if we can get that money or not.  We can make cuts like Freeman and trufant. But that means holes to fill and relying on the draft to make it work.  

Cutting Freeman I can definitely see a our first second round pick working out to be a stud. 

But cutting trufant I think it'll be hard to expect a late second rounder to fill his shoes and come flying in ready.  Again, spending money towards Hooper and Fowler, we wouldn't be in the place to even sign a meh CB. 

If we get fowler I think you go CB in the first, G and DE/DT in the 2nd.

• Yep 1

Just stop, we can't afford to keep our good drafted players like Hooper. There ain't gonna be any high priced FA for quite some time unless Ryan restructures again.

Fuck you TD!!

• Yep 1

4 hours ago, DD: OG said:

Just stop, we can't afford to keep our good drafted players like Hooper. There ain't gonna be any high priced FA for quite some time unless Ryan restructures again.

Fuck you TD!!

I used to be a huge fan of him.  And I am frustrated at these contracts. However the 2 biggest ones are obviously pushed by Arthur Blank. Yes, TD could have wanted really bad too. Only reason we gave vic that contract was to appease Julio. Only reason we went overboard on Julio was due to Blank saying Julio was going to be a falcon.  

I had ptsd of samantha "trex arm" bankers. 

4 hours ago, DD: OG said:

Fuck you TD!!

For some reason I think we will end up keeping Hooper and sacrifice a Mack , Trufant , Free , etc. 

Wait for Dimitroff to pull a class of dominant LB like -

Prince Shembo
Marquis Spruill 
Yawin Smallwood 
Tyler Starr 

• Yep 2
  • Fuck Off 1
  • Shred 1

1 hour ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

Wait for Dimitroff to pull a class of dominant LB like -

Prince Shembo
Marquis Spruill 
Yawin Smallwood 
Tyler Starr 

I gave a fuck off for reminding me of these clowns.

Fuck you.

• LMAO 4

This dudes about to get $20 mil a year. It’s not happening fellas. 

11 hours ago, S4L said:

I remember saying the same when y'all were being tied with byrd. 

11 hours ago, MASH said:

I remember saying the same when y'all were being tied with byrd. 

The Saints have found out how to use dark voodoo magic to create extra cap room. I’m not sure Dimitroff knows how to do this 😒 Will be nice if we can focus on defense in draft and FA and those two first round O-line picks start to work out.......

• Yep 1

On 2/7/2020 at 8:03 AM, S4L said:

Fowler won't get that much.

20 mil a year is Defensive Player of the Year tier defender type money. Fowler isn't that, at least not yet to get that on his next contract.

2 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Fowler won't get that much.

20 mil a year is Defensive Player of the Year tier defender type money. Fowler isn't that, at least not yet to get that on his next contract.

It is free agency.  Trey Flowers got 5/$90M last year without even an 8 sack season.

5 hours ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

It is free agency.  Trey Flowers got 5/$90M last year without even an 8 sack season.

And that is why the Lions have been such a badly ran team for years.

Bad teams usually pay more and ridiculously overspend.

• Yep 1

10 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

And that is why the Lions have been such a badly ran team for years.

Bad teams usually pay more and ridiculously overspend.

Like us at OG.

On 2/5/2020 at 4:40 PM, Freebird Lives said:

For some reason I think we will end up keeping Hooper and sacrifice a Mack , Trufant , Free , etc. 

Tru ain't going anywhere until after this season, be a huge cap hit plus he is still one of our best defensive players and it's not even close. Mack would be a surprise cut that doesn't really make sense as he is still one of our best olineman and another coach on the field

Just now, TruJu2111 said:

Tru ain't going anywhere until after this season, be a huge cap hit plus he is still one of our best defensive players and it's not even close. Mack would be a surprise cut that doesn't really make sense as he is still one of our best olineman and another coach on the field

I don't really disagree with you, but one thing for sure, they will make a couple of shocker cuts along with non shockers...but you know they want to keep Hooper if any way possible, and Ryan will lobby hard to keep him...

1 minute ago, Freebird Lives said:

I don't really disagree with you, but one thing for sure, they will make a couple of shocker cuts along with non shockers...but you know they want to keep Hooper if any way possible, and Ryan will lobby hard to keep him...

Free is gone, shoulda traded him when we had the chance, I think the surprise cuts would be someone like Rico or Neal. I think we franchise Hooper, he's not going anywhere, Hooper, Ridley, Lindstrom and Mcgary are the guys we build around for the future on offense