Sign in to follow this  
GOAT POTUS

Andrew Yang drops out of Presidential race

Yang is a good guy with interesting ideas but definitely isn't a politician and couldn't get his message across. We're probably a century away from ubi ever happening though.  

2 minutes ago, SyCOLA said:

Yang is a good guy with interesting ideas but definitely isn't a politician and couldn't get his message across. We're probably a century away from ubi ever happening though.  

Won't take that long.

As I have said before, automation in the service industry, fusion power, and 3D printing in construction is going to kill so many jobs there won't be enough available for the populace

2 hours ago, Dago said:

Won't take that long.

As I have said before, automation in the service industry, fusion power, and 3D printing in construction is going to kill so many jobs there won't be enough available for the populace

Yea maybe,  but perhaps the system will work itself out. Less manufacturing jobs would lead to short period of increased welfare.Food Service jobs will skyrocket because people will be  working multiple part time jobs and will have less money.  Eventually the entire economy is just Americans feeding each other fast food which will lead to lower life expectancy.. cancer/ heart disease from the processed food.  

The population decreases until there's just enough people to push the buttons and make hamburgers 

Then global warming kills everyone

• LMAO 1

34 minutes ago, SyCOLA said:

Yea maybe,  but perhaps the system will work itself out. Less manufacturing jobs would lead to short period of increased welfare.Food Service jobs will skyrocket because people will be  working multiple part time jobs and will have less money.  Eventually the entire economy is just Americans feeding each other fast food which will lead to lower life expectancy.. cancer/ heart disease from the processed food.  

The population decreases until there's just enough people to push the buttons and make hamburgers 

Then global warming kills everyone

Got news for you....fast food is doing their best to reduce or get rid of the human element

So some levity on this topic. I'm older than most of you.

I watched automation enter the workspace in a large way in the 1980's. People ran with fear that jobs would disappear and sophisticated machines would take over. And in some segments, that indeed occurred.

What happened next wasn't that surprising.

Workers who lost jobs applied for newer jobs in industries supporting the manufacturing of the automation equipment. Others became sales people, programmers, operators, installation services or repair services for the equipment itself. Buildings were built to manufacture the automation equipment and people gained jobs in the construction industry.

In the meanwhile, industry advanced into a more modern industry setting.

Investments  brokers, bankers, lawyers, small businesses, schools, medical professionals, engineers, chemists, energy services, housing markets, farmers and ranchers and more will continue to thrive with advanced automation.

People will always find good paying jobs who want one.

When we left the horse and buggy world behind we created the auto industry. Who saw that coming? 

When we left the candle and kerosene lights behind, who saw the electrical grid coming?

And fast food isn't good for anyone, learn to cook at home again, saves you money and you get a better meal.

• Yep 1

2 hours ago, SaintRay said:

I watched automation enter the workspace in a large way in the 1980's. People ran with fear that jobs would disappear and sophisticated machines would take over. And in some segments, that indeed occurred.

Workers who lost jobs applied for newer jobs in industries supporting the manufacturing of the automation equipment. Others became sales people, programmers, operators, installation services or repair services for the equipment itself. Buildings were built to manufacture the automation equipment and people gained jobs in the construction industry.

Investments  brokers, bankers, lawyers, small businesses, schools, medical professionals, engineers, chemists, energy services, housing markets, farmers and ranchers and more will continue to thrive with advanced automation.

When we left the horse and buggy world behind we created the auto industry. Who saw that coming? 

When we left the candle and kerosene lights behind, who saw the electrical grid coming?

And fast food isn't good for anyone, learn to cook at home again, saves you money and you get a better meal.

Do you feel the same way about moving towards green energy? 

4 hours ago, SaintRay said:

at some point the law of diminishing returns comes into play

2 hours ago, SyCOLA said:

Do you feel the same way about moving towards green energy? 

I'm not against green energy whatsoever. It has it's place as an alternative in certain situations. It's best used to supplement fossil fuels.

But I'm also smart enough having spent 42 years in the energy industry to know fossil fuel energy isn't leaving anytime soon.

• When you plug your Tesla into the wall, where do you think that energy comes from?
  • When an airplane lifts off for an overseas flight, solar power nor batteries will do.
  • How do we properly dispose of all of the batteries in the world?
  • Bio-fuels captured from landfills cannot be stored and transported because the energy levels will drop. They must be used at the source. 
  • Other types of bio-fuel, (cooking oils and the like) are now being used in some sectors, however it still requires a combustion engine and they are limited in quantity.
  • Wind, Solar, Hydro, Biomass and others available today can't power the world as we know it, so what's left? Fossil fuel.

In 2010 I helped install a 5 engine-100MW fossil fuel power plant in Iowa in the fields behind a major windmill farm stretching miles. Why? Because at full power the wind farm wasn't reliable enough because of climatic conditions nor powerful enough to handle local consumer demand. The installed power plant took up a footprint of less than 1 acre of ground and could handle the entire requirement.

This country has a 50 year supply of clean natural gas available right now, already tapped and flowing, and in such abundance prices will stay relatively low for the at least the next 25 years. Fossil fuels are extremely cost effective. Try charging poor people 3-5 times more for energy consumption.

Clean LNG, a fossil fuel, is already globally powering ships. There isn't any other form outside of nuclear power that can sustain the global shipping industry. Take away the ships and economies will fail within months.

Nuclear power is a safe alternative, but people are afraid of it because of poorly constructed facilities of the past. Modern structures work just fine. 

People living on small islands across the world rely on fossil fuel for power-plants. For example, every island in the Caribbean is powered using fossil fuel. Every single one. The footprint isn't there to fully power them using today's green alternatives. 

North America is leading the way toward green energy. Other countries like China could give 2 shits about it. They still build coal-fired plants monthly.

• Yep 1

5 hours ago, SaintRay said:

I'm not against green energy whatsoever. It has it's place as an alternative in certain situations. It's best used to supplement fossil fuels.

But I'm also smart enough having spent 42 years in the energy industry to know fossil fuel energy isn't leaving anytime soon.

• When you plug your Tesla into the wall, where do you think that energy comes from?
  • When an airplane lifts off for an overseas flight, solar power nor batteries will do.
  • How do we properly dispose of all of the batteries in the world?
  • Bio-fuels captured from landfills cannot be stored and transported because the energy levels will drop. They must be used at the source. 
  • Other types of bio-fuel, (cooking oils and the like) are now being used in some sectors, however it still requires a combustion engine and they are limited in quantity.
  • Wind, Solar, Hydro, Biomass and others available today can't power the world as we know it, so what's left? Fossil fuel.

In 2010 I helped install a 5 engine-100MW fossil fuel power plant in Iowa in the fields behind a major windmill farm stretching miles. Why? Because at full power the wind farm wasn't reliable enough because of climatic conditions nor powerful enough to handle local consumer demand. The installed power plant took up a footprint of less than 1 acre of ground and could handle the entire requirement.

This country has a 50 year supply of clean natural gas available right now, already tapped and flowing, and in such abundance prices will stay relatively low for the at least the next 25 years. Fossil fuels are extremely cost effective. Try charging poor people 3-5 times more for energy consumption.

Clean LNG, a fossil fuel, is already globally powering ships. There isn't any other form outside of nuclear power that can sustain the global shipping industry. Take away the ships and economies will fail within months.

Nuclear power is a safe alternative, but people are afraid of it because of poorly constructed facilities of the past. Modern structures work just fine. 

People living on small islands across the world rely on fossil fuel for power-plants. For example, every island in the Caribbean is powered using fossil fuel. Every single one. The footprint isn't there to fully power them using today's green alternatives. 

North America is leading the way toward green energy. Other countries like China could give 2 shits about it. They still build coal-fired plants monthly.

Great post. Troof upon troof ...

Damn! Lol.

Yang: ‘I Can’t Believe I Lost to These People’

https://freebeacon.com/politics/yang-i-cant-believe-i-lost-to-these-people/

Businessman Andrew Yang announced he is suspending his presidential campaign, telling reporters he could not believe he lost to the Democrats he was running against.

"There's part of me that feels disappointed, like I didn't fulfill some people’s goals for this campaign," Yang told Buzzfeed. "There's also a competitive part of me, too—like, I can't believe I lost to these people."

Yang also criticized his former rivals for not addressing issues that really matter.

"When I speak at an event and some of my fellow candidates speak at an event, I feel like we're sometimes speaking different languages," he told BuzzFeed.

"And the language that I speak is just English," he said with a laugh. "With some numbers thrown in, too."

Yang campaigned on a universal basic income proposal he called "The Freedom Dividend," which would have given Americans over the age of 18 a monthly stipend of $1,000. He also warned about the impacts of increased automation in the workplace and its effect on the American workforce.

He also voiced concern over the way the Democratic presidential debates were moderated.

"It felt like when the hell are they going to f—ing call on me?" he said after a November debate on MSNBC. "The hypocrisy of MSNBC in a way just makes us stronger. I'm almost—almost grateful."

Yang clashed with the media over coverage of his campaign on multiple occasions. MSNBC excluded him from a fundraising graphic, leading him to call out the network on Twitter. The network apologized to him after leaving him out of a polling graphic around the same time.

Sen. Michael Bennet (D., Colo.) also dropped out of the race Tuesday night, leaving a still-crowded field heading towards the Nevada caucus on Feb. 22.