Sign in to follow this  
Handsome_Jimmy

INT Machine Needs His Eyes Fixed

What started as a joke during Jameis Winston’s historic 30-touchdown, 30-interception season has become a reality.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback has finally undergone corrective eye surgery, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Winston was actually the one to initially tri99er speculation that he was undergoing LASIK surgery, posting a picture of himself wearing the large, dark glasses associated with the procedure on his Instagram story last week.Jameis will make the decision to go under the laser, not the team, according to ESPN’s Jenna Laine.

Such a procedure comes after Winston entered NFL infamy by becoming the first player in NFL history to enter the infamous 30-30 club last season. He also led the league in passing with 5,109 yards in one of the oddest quarterback seasons in recent memory.

Since Florida State, Winston has refused to wear contact lenses on field

Winston’s eyesight has been a storyline following the former No. 1 overall pick since his days at Florida State, when his distinct squinting started catching eyes during games.

According to the Times, Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said last season that Winston’s vision is in the range where “he can’t read the scoreboard but he can see the guys in front of him.”

During his Florida State days, then-head coach Jimbo Fisher said that Winston does not like to wear contact lenses during games because they can get loose or knocked out due to the violent nature of the sport, and that his vision wasn’t bad enough to be an issue beyond needing to squint to see play cards on the sideline.

Funnily enough, Winston actually wore contacts while playing baseball, but that is obviously a completely different ballgame.

Will LASIK magically fix Winston’s problems?

At the very least, the procedure can’t make things much worse for the quarterback’s interception problems.

Since he entered the league in 2015, Winston has thrown by far the most picks in the NFL with 88, 12 more than No. 2 Philip Rivers’ 76. Those issues clearly hit their peak last year, which prompted plenty of speculation that the time has come for the Bucs to move on from their franchise quarterback.

Instead, the Buccaneers are reportedly bringing back Winston in 2020, be it the franchise tag, the transition tag or some other mechanism. That gives Winston one more year to show the good definitively outweighs the bad with him.

Having better vision should be a good change for Winston, but he that can’t be the only change he makes this offseason. LASIK might make the numbers clearer for Winston, but it can’t fix mental mistakes or misfires.

Y’all remember The days when I would ruthlessly defend  josh freeman from such petty, jealousy soaked comments...

fuck jameis

• Yep 1
  • LMAO 1

maybe the Saints should sign him now that his eyes work 

15 hours ago, buc-man said:

Waits 5 fucking years, FIVE!

fuck Jameis 

Yeah if I was a Bucs fan, that would piss me off especially since he looks good half the time and then absolutely horrible the other half

6 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

30/30 is now 20/20?

Yeah  some people can actually see better than 20/20. Laser eye surgery makes your vision better than 20/20. Someone who’s, say, 25/20 can read a sign from 25 (meters?) away that someone with 20/20 would have to be 20 whatever away from to be able to read. 

22 hours ago, buc-man said:

fuck Jameis 

Lol. Wouldn’t it be dope if he comes back and is like the best quarterback ever now? Maybe dude just couldn’t see shit before and was winging it the whole time. Or maybe he won’t be able to get used to the improved vision and starts over/under throwing all his receivers 😂

10 minutes ago, Sauce Castieaux said:

New year, new me!

Seriously, why the fuck did he wait this long lol

Did he not wear contact lenses prior? 

22 minutes ago, Sauce Castieaux said:

New year, new me!

Seriously, why the fuck did he wait this long lol

Apparently the mayo clinic suggest you wait until you’re 25 years old to get the surgery done. That’s what the Winston apologists keep saying all over on the Bucs message board

makes me sick

36 minutes ago, buc-man said:

Apparently the mayo clinic suggest you wait until you’re 25 years old to get the surgery done. That’s what the Winston apologists keep saying all over on the Bucs message board

makes me sick

If something did happen, it can be corrected through Lasik Enhancement.

Given the other physical risks inherent with playing in the NFL, wearing corrective lenses or getting the surgery seems pretty minor.

1 hour ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

If something did happen, it can be corrected through Lasik Enhancement.

Given the other physical risks inherent with playing in the NFL, wearing corrective lenses or getting the surgery seems pretty minor.

exactly, these Winston nut huggers act like it’s some terminal condition that requires every precaution imaginable to treat.

makes me sick

22 hours ago, Da Bird is da Word said:

Yeah  some people can actually see better than 20/20. Laser eye surgery makes your vision better than 20/20. Someone who’s, say, 25/20 can read a sign from 25 (meters?) away that someone with 20/20 would have to be 20 whatever away from to be able to read. 

Pretty sure more people go blind than see 25/20 after lasiks

On 2/13/2020 at 12:08 AM, buc-man said:

Y’all remember The days when I would ruthlessly defend  josh freeman from such petty, jealousy soaked comments...

fuck jameis

On 2/13/2020 at 12:09 AM, buc-man said:

Waits until he’s a fucking free agent too

fuck jameis

On 2/13/2020 at 12:09 AM, buc-man said:

fuck Jameis 

dem cheeks

• LMAO 1