Sign in to follow this  
Freebird Lives

Man gets 15 years for burning LGBT flag

I dont agree with the parallel you are drawing. He stole the flag from a church and it was definitely motivated by hate against a group of people but that sentence is fucking ridiculous

1 hour ago, Dago said:

I dont agree with the parallel you are drawing. He stole the flag from a church and it was definitely motivated by hate against a group of people but that sentence is fucking ridiculous

No ? … Is burning an American flag not also an act of hate ?  The difference is , had the guy stolen an American flag from a church and burned it , he would most probably get probation , or 6 months . 

• Yep 1

26 minutes ago, Freebird Lives said:

No ? … Is burning an American flag not also an act of hate ?  The difference is , had the guy stolen an American flag from a church and burned it , he would most probably get probation , or 6 months . 

Because this statement makes no sense:

"Americans are a minority group in the US that has had to deal with violence and prejudice from fellow Americans" where "LGBT are a minority group in the US that has had to deal with violence and prejudice from fellow Americans" does

6 hours ago, Freebird Lives said:

But it is OK to burn an American flag , anyplace , anywhere. THAT is free speech . Man , this country is fucked ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/12/19/hate-crime-iowa-man-sentenced-prison-burning-lgbtq-flag/2705226001/

I agree with you. Stomp and burn the American flag and nothing happens to you. 

Some have gone so far to political correctness we’ve lost all sensibility. Stealing a flag isn’t a felony. In no universe is stealing then burning any flag worth a decade plus in prison.

• Yep 3

47 minutes ago, Dago said:

"Americans are a minority group in the US that has had to deal with violence and prejudice from fellow Americans" where "LGBT are a minority group in the US that has had to deal with violence and prejudice from fellow Americans" does

Is hate not hate ?...a dooshbag that hates Americans and burns the flag is not a hater as well ?  Hate is hate. 

• Yep 1

1 hour ago, Freebird Lives said:

Is hate not hate ?...a dooshbag that hates Americans and burns the flag is not a hater as well ?  Hate is hate. 

No...by law hate is not hate anymore. There are different kinds of hate and different levels of hate as determined by the though police. I am not saying I agree with it, but that is the law now

2 hours ago, Dago said:

No...by law hate is not hate anymore. There are different kinds of hate and different levels of hate as determined by the though police. I am not saying I agree with it, but that is the law now

Wait, so you're saying that because someone is hated against more makes it where they should not be held as a crime in their responses to burning a flag? 

That literally makes no sense at all.  

36 minutes ago, MASH said:

Someone's living under a rock if they think American flags have not been stolen and vandalized.  

And I'm obviously in agreement with @Freebird Lives aced @SaintRay

Who said that?

I think it is pretty obvious someone is off their meds today

The old mash is rearing his ugly head in all his idiotic glory

• LMAO 1

6 hours ago, Dago said:

5 hours ago, Dago said:

10 minutes ago, Dago said:

Who said that?

Look at your first 2 post.  

9 minutes ago, Dago said:

I think it is pretty obvious someone is off their meds today

The old mash is rearing his ugly head in all his idiotic glory

How am I showing an ugly head? You've literally even said in here that since the gay community has been attacked that they get a pass for burying the flag.  

My question was where did I ever say an American flag was never stolen?

Since you quoted my posts, you just proved that I never said that. I appreciate it but I guess you arent man enough to admit it or apologize