Sign in to follow this  
facelessman07

Is Calling This Virus The "Chinese Virus" or "Wuhan Virus" Racist?

People, and especially the feel good crowd on the left, are missing the point.

The race argument thrown up by China is a diversion. They don’t give a shit about race. They’re using it as a weapon.

China is attempting to change the narrative to show the world they are the new and reliable superpower. This has been going on for close to 10 years in their attempt at becoming the new superpower. They are trying to position the Yen to become the world currency as well.

The USA for years is the go to country when providing aid to underprivileged countries in need. China is now doing the same.

This is a race for superiority and dominance. And this tactic by China is well documented.

So now China is claiming the USA started this virus inside our military stationed overseas. Thats horseshit, it’s traced directly to the wet market in China.

Trump knows this and constantly pushes back. Its why Trump says “not on my watch” when discussing China. And its why he frequently refers to the virus as the Chinese virus, and correctly so,

And its also why he’s tariffed the shit out of them to slow the trade imbalances. He’s fighting back for the good of our country.

• Yep 1

I have more of a problem with him still calling it the flu

Aside from a few off-color jokes about avoiding Chinese take-out, I haven’t witnessed any real racism towards Chinese people in the wake of the coronavirus. Reinforcing that the virus is from China is in no way racist. China has done an incredible disservice to its people and the rest of the world, and the Chinese controlled World Health Organization should not be given any credence by Americans or American media. China has to be held to account for all the pandemics they’ve unleashed on the rest of the world and for trying to extort countries by denying them access to vital medical supplies in the aftermath. I hope this is a wake up call for America to produce its own antibiotics and medical equipment, and to be less dependent on China. That’s what the tariffs and trade war is all about. China is America’s number one enemy and possibly the number 1 enemy to freedom on the planet. I love Chinese people, but we must be able to talk frankly about the Communist Republic of China as a nation state. I’m afraid at some point in our life time there will be a terrible war with China, and I sincerely hope that Americans don’t blindly accept Chinese propaganda as gospel and side with them when that time comes. Americans will need to be more united than ever, regardless of race, religion, or political party, as we face these threats in the future.

• Yep 4

I wouldn't call it Racist (because it's not), I would more say it was bad phrasing. Let me explain, technically he was/is right, however, he also knows every little thing he says or does is scrutinized to the letter, so in this current climate we're in now, I wouldn't say anything that could be misconstrued even if what I was saying was correct (I'm talking specifically about calling it "Chinese Virus" and not "Wuhan Flu" cause as Dago pointed out, that is incorrect). 

13 hours ago, Da Bird is da Word said:

Aside from a few off-color jokes about avoiding Chinese take-out, I haven’t witnessed any real racism towards Chinese people in the wake of the coronavirus. Reinforcing that the virus is from China is in no way racist. China has done an incredible disservice to its people and the rest of the world, and the Chinese controlled World Health Organization should not be given any credence by Americans or American media. China has to be held to account for all the pandemics they’ve unleashed on the rest of the world and for trying to extort countries by denying them access to vital medical supplies in the aftermath. I hope this is a wake up call for America to produce its own antibiotics and medical equipment, and to be less dependent on China. That’s what the tariffs and trade war is all about. China is America’s number one enemy and possibly the number 1 enemy to freedom on the planet. I love Chinese people, but we must be able to talk frankly about the Communist Republic of China as a nation state. I’m afraid at some point in our life time there will be a terrible war with China, and I sincerely hope that Americans don’t blindly accept Chinese propaganda as gospel and side with them when that time comes. Americans will need to be more united than ever, regardless of race, religion, or political party, as we face these threats in the future.

Very well said ....

there has been some incidents, but if he were referring to it by its correct name and the location of origin, I wouldn't have a problem with it

for example Wuhan Coronavirus or Wuhan Covid-19

I don't believe they are intentionally being racist.  I think it's a reactionary shot to the Chinese government which in my opinion is absurd and childish at this point.  We are absolutely witnessing the most embarrassing and hopeless president of our lifetime.  

There is racism ramping up towards Asian Americans though,  and when we see our president attaching a nationality to a virus,  it's a signal to many that connecting those dots is socially acceptable regardless of how many are being hurt by it, both mentally and physically.  

• JB 1
  • Pink Pussy 3

On 3/21/2020 at 2:25 PM, SyCOLA said:

I don't believe they are intentionally being racist.  I think it's a reactionary shot to the Chinese government which in my opinion is absurd and childish at this point.  We are absolutely witnessing the most embarrassing and hopeless president of our lifetime.  

There is racism ramping up towards Asian Americans though,  and when we see our president attaching a nationality to a virus,  it's a signal to many that connecting those dots is socially acceptable regardless of how many are being hurt by it, both mentally and physically.  

You seriously need to better understand the mission of the Chinese government against America and our interests.

Their mission FAR exceeds anything CoronaVirus related. Trump is smart enough to understand this and is doing his level best to protect the USA against Chinese advancements.

41 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Anyone want to weigh in on this? 

I reported the POTUS.

• LMAO 1
  • JB 1

On 3/21/2020 at 3:25 PM, SyCOLA said:

Spanish flu.... Thoughts?

• Yep 1

Just now, MASH said:

Ebola Zaire, Ebola Sudan

• Yep 2

Poor Mr Wilson is probably terrified in his grave that's here going to be called a racist. 

9ae80e5f5df1c7a1857a41edf4ca96eb.jpg

On 3/24/2020 at 10:00 AM, SaintRay said:

You seriously need to better understand the mission of the Chinese government against America and our interests.

Their mission FAR exceeds anything CoronaVirus related. Trump is smart enough to understand this and is doing his level best to protect the USA against Chinese advancements.

Fuck off. I'm aware of what's going on. Our leadership is protecting us with 5th grade playground insults.  Its pathetic and embarrassing.  

51 minutes ago, MASH said:

I think what the president is trying to do is even worse than what took place in order for the Spanish flu to be referred to that way.  Great example though,  thanks for bringing that up 

• JB 1
  • Pink Pussy 1

7 minutes ago, SyCOLA said:

Fuck off. I'm aware of what's going on. Our leadership is protecting us with 5th grade playground insults.  Its pathetic and embarrassing.  

You’re embarrassing by willingly turning a blind eye to the tactics of the Chinese against this country you call home. They give zero shits about insults or your delicate feelings.

Had Hillary or Bernie won the 2016 election, the US would be in deep shit right now chasing the Chinese in SuperPower status. Trump fucked up that plan by going toe to toe with them.

• Yep 2

3 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

You’re embarrassing by willingly turning a blind eye to the tactics of the Chinese against this country you call home. They give zero shits about insults or your delicate feelings.

Had Hillary or Bernie won the 2016 election, the US would be in deep shit right now chasing the Chinese in SuperPower status. Trump fucked up that plan by going toe to toe with them.

I haven't turned a blind eye to anything.  I'm specifically referring to trump's pr retaliation that makes him look like he has a mental disorder.  What is so hard to understand about this?

And we have no idea what would be different right now. Our stores look like Venezuela right now, so the bar is pretty low

3 minutes ago, SyCOLA said:

I haven't turned a blind eye to anything.  I'm specifically referring to trump's pr retaliation that makes him look like he has a mental disorder.  What is so hard to understand about this?

And we have no idea what would be different right now. Our stores look like Venezuela right now, so the bar is pretty low

difference being that stores in Venezuela look like this on a good day while our stores only after a national panic. that says pretty good things about our supply and logistics 

stores around me have pretty much restocked

36 minutes ago, SyCOLA said:

I think what the president is trying to do is even worse than what took place in order for the Spanish flu to be referred to that way.  Great example though,  thanks for bringing that up 

but it's still today being called the spanish flu. even as it's been talked about in the last week. 

24 minutes ago, MASH said:

but it's still today being called the spanish flu. even as it's been talked about in the last week. 

I know.  Its crazy.  That alone should be enough to inspire someone in the administration to reign the president in. 

I remember the ‘Spanish flu’ as the ‘great influenza epidemic of 1918’ as it was taught in my history class. There might have been a passing reference to it being called the Spanish flu in my textbook, but that’s not what stuck with me. Either way, the ‘Spanish flu’ is evidently a misnomer because it only got that name for the country’s honesty in reporting the number of cases and related deaths during a time when that information was actively being suppressed in other parts of the world to reduce panic. That is not the case with the ‘Wuhan virus’, because it’s known that it actually did originate in Wuhan China. This is actually the exact opposite predicament of the ‘Spanish flu’, because in this case, China is the one who actively tried to suppress information about the virus. China went after whistleblower doctors, kicked out journalists, knowingly corroborated false information to the WHO claiming that the coronavirus can’t be transmitted between humans, and even to this day is obscuring the truth by failing to report new cases in a country of 1.7+ billion people. You can say the 1918 influenza is unfairly remembered as the ‘Spanish flu’—but what exactly is unfair about referring to the new coronavirus as the Wuhan virus? Nothing. 

Trump could walk on water and Syco would accuse him of not being able to swim.

Some people are so fucked up in the head and after living in this alternate reality they’ve created for themselves in order to help deal with the reality of a Trump presidency they’ve become so disoriented that nothing they say matters at all.

It’d be like walking into a psych ward and taking everything everyone says as legitimate and reliable truth. No one would do that.

Plus, this motherfucker only shows up conveniently enough when the nation is under duress. What’s that tell you?

• Yep 2