Sign in to follow this  
DD: OG

WWE Thread

You would think at this point AJ styles would put on a god damn cup against that nutshot artist Nakamura

• Yep 1

The whole storyline of Baron Corbin as "Constable of RAW" is probably the dumbest idea that I've seen on RAW in years.

• JB 1

54 minutes ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

Big Cass sent packing.

What's the story on that?

• JB 1

14 hours ago, GOAT POTUS said:

What's the story on that?

Drinking excessively and unapologetically on european tour.

5 hours ago, Handsome_Jimmy said:

Drinking excessively and unapologetically on european tour.

I always thought that even though he was a big guy...he didn't seem to have much power.

• JB 1

RIP Mr Saito!

Masa Saito passes away

saitopwi2bc--e76a3105c5eb65dfb13e4c71cb6

WWE is saddened to learn that Masa Saito, a former World Tag Team Champion and AWA Champion, passed away on Saturday at the age of 76.

Saito’s career in grappling began in freestyle amateur wrestling, and he represented his home country of Japan in the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Turning pro in 1965, he utilized a punishing style in the ring that made him a feared competitor in both Japan and the U.S. Saito spent time competing in California, Florida and Alabama, racking up championships before heading to WWE in 1981.

Upon his arrival, Saito joined forces with Mr. Fuji, and under the tutelage of Captain Lou Albano, the two captured the World Tag Team Championship on two separate occasions. Saito later joined Verne Gagne’s AWA, where he defeated Larry Zbyszko to become AWA World Champion in his home country at the Tokyo Dome.

Saito continued to compete, mainly in Japan, with several appearances for WCW, before retiring in 1999.

WWE extends its condolences to Saito’s family, friends and fans.

• JB 1

The Shield is back and Dean looks fucking jacked. He also looks like he just did time in Angola for choking a hooker.  

• LMAO 1

43 minutes ago, Sauce Castieaux said:

The Shield is back and Dean looks fucking jacked. He also looks like he just did time in Angola for choking a hooker.  

He's not speaking as much either...which gives his whole return an air of mystery.

• Yep 1
  • JB 1

Apparently Stone Cold wasn't happy with the way that the WWE powers that be handled Kevin Owens appearance at SummerSlam...

https://www-givemesport-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.givemesport.com/1377637-stone-cold-takes-a-shot-at-wwe-over-the-booking-of-kevin-owens-at-summerslam?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp&usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.givemesport.com%2F1377637-stone-cold-takes-a-shot-at-wwe-over-the-booking-of-kevin-owens-at-summerslam

Stone Cold takes a shot at WWE over the booking of Kevin Owens at SummerSlam

If there was one match at SummerSlam that WWE fans had high hopes for but failed to live up to expectation it would have to be Braun Strowman vs Kevin Owens.

With his Money in the Bank contract on the line, The Monster Among Men easily demolished The Prizefighter and won their clash within a matter of minutes.

In fact, their match at WWE's biggest party of the summer was over after just one minute and 50 seconds, allowing Strowman to rest up for his involvement in the main event later on in the night.

However, many WWE fans were annoyed that a superstar of Owens' stature was so easily swept aside at the event.

They know why it was done, to continue the build of Strowman, but a former world champion should not be defeated as easily as that.

One person that didn't like the finish to the match was WWE Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin, and he made his feelings known on The Steve Austin Show this week, via Wrestling Inc.

He said: "I hope Kevin Owens can claw his way back to where he was. Hopefully, they're booking him to get back to where he was.

"I'm a big fan of both guys. I'm friends with both guys, but, man, with Braun, Braun is a big guy. And Kevin has been in the picture for a lot of titles, held a lot of titles, and I just thought, 'man, he didn't get s--t in, so, eh, I just wasn't a fan."

Austin continued: "Yeah, I just didn't think Kevin Owens needed to get steamrolled because he's a top guy. And, obviously, Braun Strowman is still green, but he's a top guy. They're grooming him for bigger and better things, but KO didn't need to get squashed in the process."

Kevin Owens was squashed by Braun Strowman at SummerSlam

Owens hasn't been seen on WWE TV since SummerSlam, while Strowman once again tried to cash in his Money in the Bank contract on Monday Night Raw, but was stopped by The Shield.

If Stone Cold wants to see The Prizefighter return to his former glory, he may not have to wait much longer to see it happen.

The AT&T Center, which will be hosting WWE Hell in a Cell on September 16, has advertised Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens for the event on their website.

While they didn't state if the match would be for the Universal Champion, this could be an indication that Kevin will be returning to the main event spotlight on Raw in the near future, meaning he could be clawing his way back to where he was very soon as well.

• JB 1